If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » Tukui » Skinning » [SKIN] CoolLine + complete Tukui/ElvUI integration
  1. Challenger Fylona

XP: 

133 / 1337

Tacsko said:
    Try resizing without using the coolline menu's unlock feature.

<3 thanks!

Posted 2 years ago - #91

2. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

In the new version, I hope all moving and sizing related problems are fixed. If you still have problems with it, make sure, that you remove "layout-local.txt" from all your toons' WTF folder. Some dialog window positions may reset because of this.
    Please note: positioning settings are saved into ElvUI configuration.
    So here is the all new v1.3:
    - Upon new installation CoolLine appears at the center of the screen instead of the top left corner
    - Disabled moving and resizing CoolLine from the popup menu, because it breaks ElvUI integrated positioning.
    - Added a shiny button to resize in the bottom right corner with tooltip.
    - Fixed moving frame is exidently marked as UserPlaced upon resizing.

Posted 2 years ago - #92

3. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

v1.3 had a minor bug:
    - If you don't drag CoolLine on the screen, only resize it or you resize after moving, then after reload it will be misplaced.

Fixed in 1.35 (yeah, I know, it should have a clearer versioning scheme :)

Posted 2 years ago - #93

4. Challenger KrazyMonkey

XP: 

116 / 1337

Heya, thanks for the work on this skin. When I first installed the addon from scratch and opened the coolline config, I could see the Tukui skin options on the bottom (dock and the splitbars options). However, after disabling the worldmap so my cooldowns would work, they were gone. I re-enabled the worldmap skin and the 2 options haven't come back. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but just wanted to report it.

Posted 2 years ago - #94

5. Challenger Asag

XP: 

26 / 1337

I removed every coolline/tukui coolline lua file, deleted all folders, also deleted all layout-local.txt files. And I still dont see coolline bar on my screen:( How I can "restore" this addon?

Posted 2 years ago - #95

6. Rival Trokko
    Premium

XP: 

288 / 1337

Asag said:
    I removed every coolline/tukui coolline lua file, deleted all folders, also deleted all layout-local.txt files. And I still dont see coolline bar on my screen:( How I can "restore" this addon?

By usign these files. Worked wonders for me.

Posted 2 years ago - #96

7. Challenger Asag

XP: 

26 / 1337

I tried this file ofc. Coolline enabled, TukUI Coolline enabled. And here is effect:

Do you see here Coolline bar? I dont. And as I said before tried alredy 4x fresh reinstall (deleted old files before reinstalling) and always the same result.

PS: Is here an option for making quest tracker bigger or not implemented yet?

Posted 2 years ago - #97

8. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

Uhm, you could search for a setting like this in your WTF/Account/ACCOUNTNAME/SavedVariables/ElvUI.lua:

["CoolLineMover"] = {
    	["p2"] = "BOTTOM",
    	["p"] = "BOTTOM",
    	["p3"] = -105.1000930551244,
    	["p4"] = 41.99997652359579,
    },

Removing this section resets the position to the center of the screen for the character that the setting belongs to. (Editing theese values may also suffice)
    I will add a reset option in the next release

Posted 2 years ago - #98

9. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

KrazyMonkey said:
    Heya, thanks for the work on this skin. When I first installed the addon from scratch and opened the coolline config, I could see the Tukui skin options on the bottom (dock and the splitbars options). However, after disabling the worldmap so my cooldowns would work, they were gone. I re-enabled the worldmap skin and the 2 options haven't come back. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but just wanted to report it.

I'd like to remove theese settings from the ELvUI version because now there's no need for action bar docking and no splitbar setting in the UI. It's a bug that you can see it the very first time. Thank you for reporting it

Posted 2 years ago - #99

10. Challenger Asag

XP: 

26 / 1337

Ha, finally working! Deleting this code in ElvUI.lua helped. Also after relog everything is ok, position did not reset.

Tyvm for help Tacsko :)

Posted 2 years ago - #100

11. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

The latest changes to ElvUI (specifically the change to how the database loads) has broken this MOD for ElvUI.

If I change this code in Backend.lua

local addon = CreateFrame("Frame"); -- Need a frame to respond to events
    addon:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED");
    addon:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGOUT");

function addon:OnEvent(event, addon)
        if event == "ADDON_LOADED" and addon == name then
            for k, v in pairs(TukuiCoolLineConfig) do
                Backend.Config[k] = v
            end
    		Backend:OnAddOnLoaded()
        elseif event == "PLAYER_LOGOUT" then
            wipe(TukuiCoolLineConfig)
            for k, v in pairs(Backend.Config) do
                if not Backend.Defaults[k] or Backend.Defaults[k] ~= v then
                    TukuiCoolLineConfig[k] = v
                end
            end
        end
    end
    addon:SetScript("OnEvent", addon.OnEvent);

to this

local addon = CreateFrame("Frame"); -- Need a frame to respond to events
    addon:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD");
    addon:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGOUT");

function addon:OnEvent(event)
        if event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" then
            for k, v in pairs(TukuiCoolLineConfig) do
                Backend.Config[k] = v
            end
    		Backend:OnAddOnLoaded()
        elseif event == "PLAYER_LOGOUT" then
            wipe(TukuiCoolLineConfig)
            for k, v in pairs(Backend.Config) do
                if not Backend.Defaults[k] or Backend.Defaults[k] ~= v then
                    TukuiCoolLineConfig[k] = v
                end
            end
        end
    end
    addon:SetScript("OnEvent", addon.OnEvent);

It will work, sort of.

There are however 2 issues still:
    1.: You need to disable the world map skin again, otherwise CoolLine will only track very few things.
    2.: When entering or leaving an instance (dungeon, raid, battleground, etc.) the CoolLine bar seems to move back to the center of the screen until you do a /reload, at which point it will once again spawn where the CoolLineMover is positioned.

Posted 2 years ago - #101

12. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

IS thsi specific to the HEAD revision on github? As I have no problem using my lastest version...
    EDIT:
    As of current HEAD (5f9ab0926d6a818621b2498288646cb1a93a2f7a) I only have one issue: moving the coolline anchor doesn't moves the bar until a RelaodUI

Posted 2 years ago - #102

13. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Tacsko said:
    IS thsi specific to the HEAD revision on github? As I have no problem using my lastest version...
    EDIT:
    As of current HEAD (5f9ab0926d6a818621b2498288646cb1a93a2f7a) I only have one issue: moving the coolline anchor doesn't moves the bar until a RelaodUI

And you have no issues with CoolLine not tracking most cooldowns when worldmap skin is enabled?

Posted 2 years ago - #103

14. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

As of HEAD, don't have problems with world map skin and cooldown tracking
    Anyway: if you change PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD to PLAYER_LOGIN in your solution, is it a better fix?

Posted 2 years ago - #104

15. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

I realized the issue with the CoolLine Bar moving back to the center of the screen was because of an edit I had made. Basicly I had forgot to anchor "CoolLineHolder" to ElvUI_Bar1 when I had already anchored "CoolLineMover" to ElvUI_Bar1. This was also the reason why I changed it to "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" otherwise it couldn't receive anchors and size from ElvUI_Bar1.
    Sorry for the confusion.

With my current edits I experience the same issue as you do though. The CoolLine bar doesn't follow the anchor frame and you need to reload for it to show up at its new position.

So here is the bottom line, there are currently 2 issues:
    1.: The worldmap skin in ElvUI breaks Tukui_CoolLine. Result is that only a few select cooldowns get tracked.
    2.: When moving the anchor frame (toggle anchors) the CoolLine bar doesn't update position until you /reload.

Posted 2 years ago - #105

16. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

Check v1.4, it should work better with your fix, I changed your PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event to PLAYER_LOGIN though. It shouldn't fire upon zoning in/out of instances.

Posted 2 years ago - #106

17. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

v1.4 fixed the anchor issue. Thanks for the heads up regarding PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD, I changed it to PLAYER_LOGIN aswell. Everything works as it should now (except that damn world map skin :P)

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago - #107

18. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

I *think* i may have discovered the world map problem.

I found something very interesting in my first debugging session.

in worldmap.lua lines 134 and 134 (ElvUI 3.0.8)

ToggleFrame(WorldMapFrame)

I remarked these out and everything seems to work with no problems. Now as for WHY it works I can not answer that at this time. I did some further poking and found a very interesting quirk. With these 2 lines removed upon entering the world and you toggle the map on (with m) it will blank the HUD as in alt-Z mode, a simple keypress will cancel this. After this first anomaly everything works smooth with the map toggling.

Posted 2 years ago - #108

19. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

Ok upon further exams I found the following:

With the 2 above lines as default, enabled.
    If you enable world map skinning and have the map in 'full screen' mode it will bug out.
    If you change that map to the 'mini' version it will work fine.

This problem is most certainly the full screen effect on the world map default view and skinning.

Proof of concept.

DISABLE worldmap skinning.

in any of your plugins add the following

reload/login, it will bug out.

I am thinking that ToggleFrame(WorldMapFrame) was never ment to be called from any plugin during load -or- contains some gross error in the coding.

Posted 2 years ago - #109

20. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

I got it!

in any of the edits try this.

Replace

with this

WorldMapFrame:Show()
    	WorldMapFrame:Hide()

This will cover over the alt-z problem and toggle the map and should not affect skinning problems. So far on my version of ElvUI 3.0.8 it works. Can someone test it out in TukUI and other edits please?

Posted 2 years ago - #110

21. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

BlackNet The Insane said:
    I got it!

in any of the edits try this.

Replace

with this

WorldMapFrame:Show()
    	WorldMapFrame:Hide()

This will cover over the alt-z problem and toggle the map and should not affect skinning problems. So far on my version of ElvUI 3.0.8 it works. Can someone test it out in TukUI and other edits please?

This certainly fixed the issue with CoolLine not tracking everything when worldmap skin is enabled.
    Great work, thanks!

Posted 2 years ago - #111

22. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

Blazeflack said:

This certainly fixed the issue with CoolLine not tracking everything when worldmap skin is enabled.
    Great work, thanks!

Sweet! Am glad to see that working, I was not 100% certain it would but i had a very strong hunch that it would fix the whole problem. This is not an isolated problem from what I have seen posted here either. I would suggest for the time being to roll the coolline skin with the updated world map because in elv 3.x you can over-ride any/all functions/feature via plugin. I.e. drop in the world map and let the user enable world map but it will skin from the coolline plugin and not from the stock. :)

I also suggest changing these lines, and others.

Backend["Defaults"]["Font"]   = E.db.core.font
    Backend["Defaults"]["FontSize"] = E.db.core.fontsize
    Backend["Defaults"]["ConfFColor"] = E.db.core.valuecolor
    Backend["Defaults"]["Mult"] = E.mult

Use DF. in place of E.db. E.db is the values loaded from the elv database while DF. is the values that is actually USED. i.e. E.db can be overrode via plugin thus rending DF.

Posted 2 years ago - #112

23. Challenger Tacsko

XP: 

60 / 1337

I definitely rework the option usage in my next version. Thank you for your suggestions. I'm unfortunately not an active addon developer, but a regular guy who works in IT business. I don't have enought time to investigate all API changes and don't haveexperience in WoW UI coding either, so I wellcome all coding or architecture related suggestions.

For the world map skin issue: I could add some sort of hack in the skin code, but If I understand well, it should be fixed in ElvUI itself. I once opened a bug for ElvUI but it got closed. Would you send in a report with your findings?

Posted 2 years ago - #113

24. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

One of the possibilities is to include a mod version of the world map in any plugin and that SHOULD fix the issue for the time being. I need to look into how to do this.

Posted 2 years ago - #114

25. offline

XP: 

397 / 1337

Here, use the stock elvui worldmap.

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=19106#post-139447

A worldmap skin replacement that I just posted. disable the default worldmap skin, enable my version and reload. No need to change core code.

This may work with tukui as well but will need some variables changed and possibly the table structure.

Posted 2 years ago - #115

26. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Just as an update, Elv has changed the worldmap skin in one of the latest commits this evening. It should work with stock ElvUI again.

Posted 2 years ago - #116

27. Challenger Cascada
    Donor

XP: 

82 / 1337

Have a problem, downloaded your updated version of the cooline skin, but when i unlock it i can no longer move it, but if i disable the tuki cooline skin it's moveable again, i have world map skin disabled in elv so i don't think thats the issue.

Posted 2 years ago - #117

28. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Cascada said:
    Have a problem, downloaded your updated version of the cooline skin, but when i unlock it i can no longer move it, but if i disable the tuki cooline skin it's moveable again, i have world map skin disabled in elv so i don't think thats the issue.

You don't move it by unlocking CoolLine but by toggling anchors in ElvUI. There is a new mover for it just like with any other element in ElvUI.

Posted 2 years ago - #118

29. Challenger Cascada
    Donor

XP: 

82 / 1337

Blazeflack said:

Cascada said:

You don't move it by unlocking CoolLine but by toggling anchors in ElvUI. There is a new mover for it just like with any other element in ElvUI.

Thank you, always unlocked it by /coolline before Thanks for help <3

Posted 2 years ago - #119

30. offline

XP: 

4 / 1337

I am kinda new with this can any help me :-)

i am trying to get this working but i dont know where i need to put the file in after i dowloaded the file :'(

I am using ElvUI but can only get the normale Coolline skin

thanks ahead :D

Posted 2 years ago - #120

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.