If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » General Discussion » ElvUI Lite Download
  1. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

I'm going to release a version of ElvUI that will function in patch 4.3. I've spent several hours getting it to work to cut down the QQ on the forums. I can't say if I will be updating it again. This is only being released because I do realize that version 3 is not ready yet for all users. I would very much liked to of had several things in before the patch. Like a easy method to config the layout for example, which is on the to-do list for v3. And there are several other small things that I just havn't had the time for.

Thank you guys for your patience and understanding.

~Elv

[Download]
    [Donate]

:)
    1 like by: DhurkarPosted 3 years ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Challenger Razr

XP: 

29 / 1337

Thanks and the majority of us still appreciate the work you put into making an awesome UI!

1 like by: DhurkarPosted 3 years ago - #2

3. Challenger STBiffen

XP: 

38 / 1337

Big thanks for active support of the last version. I understand that work demands many forces and time. Nevertheless some necessary functions for spot-checks doesn't suffice in version 3 therefore experienced difficulties as has very much got used to elv to the interface.

Sometimes I do not know from for what I play, from for wow or elv x)))

Thx Elv!

Posted 3 years ago - #3

4. Challenger Kamikadzz

XP: 

102 / 1337

Thx you so much... I like this ver more than v3... in this there are still many shortcomings

Posted 3 years ago - #4

5. Challenger STBiffen

XP: 

38 / 1337

There is no function LFG of spot-checks when is clicked on a card, and the atlas лут doesn't show drop :)

Posted 3 years ago - #5

6. Challenger subrand0m

XP: 

38 / 1337

Honestly I am kinda sad you did this, I put a lot of work into building my ui up to look more or less like that. I again thank you for all the hard work you do, but I feel work on v3 would have been a better use of the time over this. Not matter what you will get QQ. I hope it all works our Elv, you are a awesome coder and the UI is wonderful, needs some tweaks and such but noting that cant be done. I hope to see a update for v3 in the next few weeks.

Posted 3 years ago - #6

7. Challenger STBiffen

XP: 

38 / 1337

***In a card doesn't show a range of levels

Posted 3 years ago - #7

8. Gladiator Asi
    VIP

XP: 

1250 / 1337

Any chance you could implement an option for the gradient chat panels into v3 as well? They are oh so sexy.

bewbs! ( . )( . )
    Posted 3 years ago - #8

9. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Asi said:
    Any chance you could implement an option for the gradient chat panels into v3 as well? They are oh so sexy.

oldschool elvui :)

Posted 3 years ago - #9

10. Challenger Noigo

XP: 

8 / 1337

Elv, again I just want to say thank you a million times for all the effort you've put into this. I know you've been dealing with a lot of crap for 3.0 and unfortunately it comes with the territory especially going from a mature codebase to a rewrite and the patch forced your hand a bit. Just know that there are many many people like me out there that appreciate the time and energy and support you. :) Take your time and get things the way you want them and working well for 3.x.

Posted 3 years ago - #10

11. Rival Ellizia
    VIP

XP: 

304 / 1337

All you whiners better donate now!

Selling Challenge mode Gold boosts 9/9 gold - EU Alliance! PM for more info
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7427294727#1 <- get your free CM Gold boost
    Posted 3 years ago - #11

12. offline

XP: 

4 / 1337

Thank you for all your effort. Much appreciated that you provided this old version.
    Take your time to implement the missing stuff into V3

Posted 3 years ago - #12

13. Challenger Naaren

XP: 

38 / 1337

Is this Lite version working with AutoScale?
    Playing at a low resolution here.

Posted 3 years ago - #13

14. Challenger Eon Drache

XP: 

99 / 1337

C:\Users\Eon\AppData\Local\Temp\tz_n6RKe.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I get that error when trying to download it. :(

Posted 3 years ago - #14

15. Challenger tbadge

XP: 

28 / 1337

Donated. Thanks for the awesome UI. Can't wait to see 3.0 as it starts maturing.

Posted 3 years ago - #15

16. Challenger Anormal

XP: 

12 / 1337

Thank you very much.

Posted 3 years ago - #16

17. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Thank you so much, this is the greatest news I've had all day. :)

Posted 3 years ago - #17

18. Challenger Duli

XP: 

8 / 1337

Look at the Download numbers and then look to the QQs - Most of us just use it and like it. We should give you more positive feedback for your work - but qqs are always louder and stronger. And to be honest - V3 worked as hell yesterday with the things what you said are working.

So keep it up. :)

Posted 3 years ago - #18

19. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Duli said:
    Look at the Download numbers and then look to the QQs - Most of us just use it and like it. We should give you more positive feedback for your work - but qqs are always louder and stronger. And to be honest - V3 worked as hell yesterday with the things what you said are working.

So keep it up. :)

I just checked that out when you said that and only 279, which isn't a lot considering elvui generates approx 700-1000 per day on curse/wowinterface combined.

But again if you scope it down 279 people is a lot of people so I'm not upset I spent some time to fix it.

Posted 3 years ago - #19

20. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Hi Elv.

If I understand you right, this ElvUI Lite is sort of a patched ElvUI v2.3.3. Any chance you kept a log of changed files going from 2.3.3 -> ElvUI Lite?
    I'd like to patch my own fork of ElvUI 2.3.3 and use that until you have had time to polish ElvUI v3.

I appreciate your hard work and I understand if you didn't keep a log or if you don't have time to make one.
    The reason I would like a log of changed files is because my graphics card died a few days ago so I am unable to do tons of testing ingame on my old laptop. With a log I would be able to patch most things while I wait for my new graphics card :)

Posted 3 years ago - #20

21. Challenger moondoggy

XP: 

6 / 1337

First I want to thank you for an awesome UI and all the hours you spend to make and upkeep your version. Second I want to say that the only problem I noticed with v3 was the obvious missing buttons for leaving vehicles. Also sorta weird spacing with the debuff icon/bars on target. Do I need to download the lite version for any other reason other than it just being more "friendly" or does it fix alot of errors I haven't discovered yet? I do get errors in my bugsack but the vehicle issue was the only thing that really put me off. Thank you again and keep up the good work :D

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing a change log just for lite vs v3 so I could decide for myself even. I dont mind the vehicle issue now that I know /leavevehicle is a temp. fix lol.

Posted 3 years ago - #21

22. Challenger omenSP

XP: 

19 / 1337

I can't say if I will be updating it again.

WHAT.
    WHAT.

Posted 3 years ago - #22

23. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

moondoggy said:
    First I want to thank you for an awesome UI and all the hours you spend to make and upkeep your version. Second I want to say that the only problem I noticed with v3 was the obvious missing buttons for leaving vehicles. Also sorta weird spacing with the debuff icon/bars on target. Do I need to download the lite version for any other reason other than it just being more "friendly" or does it fix alot of errors I haven't discovered yet? I do get errors in my bugsack but the vehicle issue was the only thing that really put me off. Thank you again and keep up the good work :D

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing a change log just for lite vs v3 so I could decide for myself even. I dont mind the vehicle issue now that I know /leavevehicle is a temp. fix lol.

leave vehicle has been fixed on github for a few hours

https://github.com/Elv22/Tukui/commits/master

you can check out the code as i change it from there and also download the latest work, note using a github version is not always recommended but in this case as v3 is not 100% stable it should be fine

Posted 3 years ago - #23

24. Challenger moondoggy

XP: 

6 / 1337

That's whats up! I didnt even think about github to grab your latest. I'm totally fine with those "nightly" releases. I will say i will miss omega's enhanced version on there unless you are incorporating those things into your new version. I get a 404 even looking up elvui enhanced on there :(
    I just download the lite version and was gonna give it a shot now I'm torn between even bothering with it or just getting your latest github. I imagine your latest fix on github is what you would say to yourself and I aplologize if even the thought is disrespectful to all of your hard work hehe ;)
    Gonna go grab that v3 and delete the lite version i suppose.

Posted 3 years ago - #24

25. Challenger tbadge

XP: 

28 / 1337

omenSP said:

I can't say if I will be updating it again.

WHAT.
    WHAT.

That's not a bad thing. This Lite version will tide most people over for quite a while and gives Elv some time to work on 3.0.

Posted 3 years ago - #25

26. Challenger apewk

XP: 

8 / 1337

Thank you so, so much for this. It is EXACTLY what I wanted.
    I hope you reconsider keeping this updated but, for now, I'm very happy. Good luck on v3.

Posted 3 years ago - #26

27. Challenger Poptartica

XP: 

5 / 1337

Hey. I just wanted to say thank you so much for this. I realize that you, Elv, work very hard on these addons and you have other things on your plate. While version 3 was a step in an interesting direction, it just wasn't for me quite yet since it still needed a few things implemented as you pointed out. I am very glad you listened to your fans! I am not so glad they did it by whining and complaining, but so goes the internet, much to my (our) dismay. Thank you for considering those of us who were simply hoping for an option more suited for us at the moment. I look forward to the v3 additions when you get time.
    Thank you!

Posted 3 years ago - #27

28. Gladiator BuG
    Premium

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Ellizia said:
    All you whiners better donate now!

this ^^

devs listen to users, users help developers :)

13:40:26 ‹Elv› I kissed a boy, and I liiiked it
    10:39:13 ‹tSgt› then give me your ass i give you mine
    13:53:27 ‹Sgt› Because i like deep things
    Posted 3 years ago - #28

29. Challenger Larcin

XP: 

10 / 1337

v3 was growing on me, but this Lite version makes me a very happy panda ... at least until v3.amazing is released. Will be donating :D

Posted 3 years ago - #29

30. Challenger jace5869

XP: 

18 / 1337

Should we be using this Lite version as opposed to V3? I mean I can't complain about v3 much cause ElvUI has been far and away the BEST UI I've ever used. It literally makes the game more enjoyable to me.

Just wondering if this Lite version has the DPS/Healer layouts and all that like v2.3

Posted 3 years ago - #30

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.