If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » Technical Support » Action Bar Paging Issue
  1. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Hello there everyone!

I did try the search function before i made this post, but i couldn't find anything that could help me with my problem, and i'm getting really frustrated here now..

Been using this UI for a really long time, and i just love it!!
    It gets the job done for me no matter what class, specc or role i play as.

But now i have managed to get a issue that really annoys me, but i'm not sure if it's this UI or if it's just my client.

On all my chars, i got Action Bar 1 set to 2 pages, to easier split up damage spells and healing spells, and i switch between them with my scroll.
    This is working just fine on all my characters, except for my priest i created today.
    I have copied all the settings over and over again, but it still keeps going through all the pages on the action bars, and not keeping to the two i have used all the time before.
    I got another priest, lvl85, which has the action bar paging the exact way i want it, i have copied the settings from that one, my paladin and my Shaman.
    But nothing seems to work to sort this out.

Anybody got any suggestion on what i could do to sort this out?

Thanks in advance
    //Mancerot

Posted 2 years ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Sorry, I missed the point.

Exactly what is your issue? Explain in detail what behaviour you're expecting and what behaviour you see instead. Screenshots are worth a thousand words aswell.

Posted 2 years ago - #2

3. Gladiator Petrah
    VIP

XP: 

1246 / 1337

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're using character specific key bindings on your Priest and you do not have the paging set for your scroll wheel. Perhaps all of your other toons are sharing the same paging options. Hit the Escape key and click on Key bindings. Make sure up at the very top that there is not a check mark in the box for Character Specific Key Bindings.

However, if you did want that setting, then scroll down a bit till you see the key binds for your actionbars and a bit further down from that you will see options for actionbar paging. I've never messed with paging, so mine are still set to default "Previous ActionBar - Shift-Up Arrow, Next ActionBar - Shift-Down Arrow". Pretty sure those are the ones you wanna reset for your mouse wheel.

Always have your files when you need them with Dropbox.
    Use my referral & we both get 250mb for free! http://db.tt/38vlz7L
    My TitaniumBackup Pro tutorial for rooted cell phones: HowTo: TiBu Backups
    Posted 2 years ago - #3

4. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

The way i got my action bar on all my characters, is that Action Bar 1 only got 2 pages that i switch between with the scroll, so i got one page for damage spells, and a second page for healing spells.

Now the problem i have is that on my new priest, the bar paging goes through all of the bars (Action Bar 1-6 or something) when scrolling.
    Where as on my other characters it only goes through the 2 pages i always have had.

This have never been a problem before, no matter what class, specc and lvl i have been playing.
    Also, i have been using ElvUI for a really long time, and never experienced problems like this before, and i update it as soon as i see that there is a new version out, and not even that have caused problems like this.

I have copied the settings from the characters that it is working on multiple times, but without success.
    I compared the settings between two of the characters, and they all look the same.
    I have also taken a look on possible .lua files that affects Action Bars, but haven't found the right line there, and i don't want to change too much in case i mess up the whole UI.

Edit, to not cause 2 posts in a row:

Petrah said:
    I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're using character specific key bindings on your Priest and you do not have the paging set for your scroll wheel. Perhaps all of your other toons are sharing the same paging options. Hit the Escape key and click on Key bindings. Make sure up at the very top that there is not a check mark in the box for Character Specific Key Bindings.

However, if you did want that setting, then scroll down a bit till you see the key binds for your actionbars and a bit further down from that you will see options for actionbar paging. I've never messed with paging, so mine are still set to default "Previous ActionBar - Shift-Up Arrow, Next ActionBar - Shift-Down Arrow". Pretty sure those are the ones you wanna reset for your mouse wheel.

Tried unchecking Caracter Specific Key Bindings, and it didn't work.
    I also tried resetting everything with ElvUI by removing the files in the WTF-folder, didn't work either.

I have already keybinded that thing to the scroll, and it acts the way it should do when scrolling, but only on my new priest it jumps through all the action bars, instead of only two of them.

Posted 2 years ago - #4

5. Gladiator Petrah
    VIP

XP: 

1246 / 1337

Since you reset everythinng with ElvUI, then we can rule out his addon as the culprit. Those paging key binds you are setting aren't saved from within the WTF folder on your hard drive. Those, by default, are saved server side. If you wish to save those to your WTF folder so you can try to troubleshoot the issue that way, here's the command you type in game:

/console synchronizeBindings 0

That stops server synchronization of your key binds.

Always have your files when you need them with Dropbox.
    Use my referral & we both get 250mb for free! http://db.tt/38vlz7L
    My TitaniumBackup Pro tutorial for rooted cell phones: HowTo: TiBu Backups
    Posted 2 years ago - #5

6. online

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Mancerot said:
    but only on my new priest it jumps through all the action bars, instead of only two of them.

If you ever find the culprit, please let us know. I've been trying to get my actionbar1 to use all pages when shift+scrolling but I can always only page through bar 1 and 2 with ElvUI enabled. Standard blizzard UI uses all 6 pages aswell with shift+scrolling.

Posted 2 years ago - #6

7. Gladiator Catok
    Premium

XP: 

1337 / 1337

While this doesn't answer why you have this issue, you could make this macro and bind it to mousewheel with the same effect:

/swapactionbar 1 2
    Posted 2 years ago - #7

8. online

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Hoho I think I figured it out. When blizzard actionbars are disabled, they become available for paging on actionbar 1. It doesn't matter that ElvUI no longer uses the standard blizzard actionbars.

If you want to only page through 1 and 2
    Interface Options -> ActionBars -> Tick "Bottom Left Bar", "Bottom Right Bar", "Right Bar" and "Right Bar 2".

In my case I would like to be able to page through all bars so I just have to untick all those bars.

Posted 2 years ago - #8

9. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Blazeflack said:
    Hoho I think I figured it out. When blizzard actionbars are disabled, they become available for paging on actionbar 1. It doesn't matter that ElvUI no longer uses the standard blizzard actionbars.

If you want to only page through 1 and 2
    Interface Options -> ActionBars -> Tick "Bottom Left Bar", "Bottom Right Bar", "Right Bar" and "Right Bar 2".

In my case I would like to be able to page through all bars so I just have to untick all those bars.

Thanks a lot :D
    This made the trick, got the action bar paging only through 1 and 2 now :D

Posted 2 years ago - #9

10. online

XP: 

1337 / 1337

No thank you. If it wasn't for you, I never would have taken another shot at solving this annoyance ;)

Posted 2 years ago - #10

11. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

Was having the same issue as OP. Tried everything listed above without luck. When I finally gave up I left the boxes ticked as described above, reloaded UI and closed my WoW client. Next day, worked like a charm. Not sure if it was just pure luck or if closing WoW and reopening helped but if you're stuck and can't figure it out, give it a try.

Posted 1 year ago - #11

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.