If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » General Discussion » Elvui Not on Curse?
  1. Challenger subrand0m

XP: 

38 / 1337

I updated my Elvui via the curse client and when I logged in I seen a box saying that elvui will no longer be on Curse any more, come to tukui.org website Monday for a update. I am not sure if this has been brought up already I found nothing in search, just wonder whats up? I have no issue updating at the site. Just wondering if anyone has more info on this.

Posted 2 years ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

We will have more information for you soon. There will be a major post coming hopefully within the next 2-6 hours. The site is currently being updated to all the stuff Tukz worked very hard on the last couple of weeks. When the update is complete you will be able to download an updated version of ElvUI.

:)
    Posted 2 years ago - #2

3. Challenger subrand0m

XP: 

38 / 1337

Awesome, thanks for your fast reply.

Also thank you for all your hard work on this UI. Hope to see you enjoy MoP and that the UI lives on. Will be strange to have to build one or find a new one.

Posted 2 years ago - #3

4. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

I downloaded the Elvui a few hours ago and had to removed it because it crashed WoW... I only got it because my friend demanded it. Should I try to download it tomorrow? I have Tukui... even though I am having a few issues with it.

Posted 2 years ago - #4

5. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

I am just wondering why you guys have decided to remove your addons from curse.

Posted 2 years ago - #5

6. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

nikkilight said:
    I am just wondering why you guys have decided to remove your addons from curse.

There is a blog post on it.

http://tukui.org/blog/48

If you want more reasons from me personally.

1. Curse is slow, if we need to deploy a quick fix it could take up to a day.

2. CurseForge goes down a lot, I updated ElvUI last Friday and it has yet to be updated, I had to manually update a file by zipping it and uploading it to curse.

3. I am not at all a greedy person, ElvUI takes a lot of time to maintain, I probably spend more time working on it than I do my job. The donations have dropped a lot since being on Curse. On Tukui we can make a small profit through advertisements and Premium memberships.

4. It is confusing for users to have to post for tech support in one area, and post a bug in a completely seperate website.

:)
    Posted 2 years ago - #6

7. offline
    VIP

XP: 

904 / 1337

So I got a question.
    Didn't bother you with this yesterday because of all work with site and everything.
    How do you plan to update translations now?

Shadow & Light | Mah toons
    05:12:50 ‹Elv› I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
    <--- Fan of maids
    Posted 2 years ago - #7

8. Hero Tukz
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Ticket, in Type box, just select "others". Enter the details, the localization, or whatever you want to updates. This apply for requests as well. There is a Type named "features".

Back on WoW for MoP, streaming almost everytime I play here.
    "If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough."
    Posted 2 years ago - #8

9. Challenger hexenmeister
    Premium

XP: 

18 / 1337

i think its fair the u guys wanna have a bit profit out of the hard work, but a quick ? when u unpack the uddated of elvui can u just copy/paste the elvui dir or do we have du delete the old elvui? :)

Posted 2 years ago - #9

10. Hero Tukz
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

both method work

Posted 2 years ago - #10

11. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

I want to make sure I have this correct, I currently have the latest version of ElvUI from Curse and the new version is in the download sections of this website. If I want to preserve my settings that i have worked hard to perfect, all I need to do is unzip and copy the ElvUi folder over the current Evlui folder that is located in my Addon folder.

This willl update ElvUi and save my current configuration? If not, is there s sub folder in my current ElvUI folder that i can copy out and back into the new 3.58 ElvUI folder?

I would like to say that this interface is wonderful and you guys do an awesome job!

Posted 2 years ago - #11

12. Rival Sniffu

XP: 

267 / 1337

FuriousMage said:
    I want to make sure I have this correct, I currently have the latest version of ElvUI from Curse and the new version is in the download sections of this website. If I want to preserve my settings that i have worked hard to perfect, all I need to do is unzip and copy the ElvUi folder over the current Evlui folder that is located in my Addon folder.

This willl update ElvUi and save my current configuration? If not, is there s sub folder in my current ElvUI folder that i can copy out and back into the new 3.58 ElvUI folder?

I would like to say that this interface is wonderful and you guys do an awesome job!

Yup, just replace your old folder with the new one

Posted 2 years ago - #12

13. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Sniffu said:

FuriousMage said:

Yup, just replace your old folder with the new one

Ok, does that mean our profile is saved outside the C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ElvUI folder?

If not, if i replace my old folder and copy in the new ElvUI 3.58 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ how does my profile get saved?

I am sorry for the repeat questions, i just do not want to lose my layout\configuration.

Posted 2 years ago - #13

14. Hero Tukz
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

You'll not loose any settings you made. You are just upgrading the addon. What Curse client does is, just downloading new package, and updating files. You do the same thing here, except you do it by yourself. Don't worry about your settings.

Anyway, an auto-update application should be available soon. It will do the same thing as the Curse client, except it will be specific to Tukui & ElvUI.

Posted 2 years ago - #14

15. Challenger Camealion

XP: 

134 / 1337

FuriousMage said:
    Ok, does that mean our profile is saved outside the C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ElvUI folder?

If not, if i replace my old folder and copy in the new ElvUI 3.58 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ how does my profile get saved?

I am sorry for the repeat questions, i just do not want to lose my layout\configuration.

It gets saved in your "..\World of Warcraft\WTF" folder. So you are safe to delete the addon folder all together and bring in the new files.

EDIT: Tuk beat me to it!

Posted 2 years ago - #15

16. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Thank you all for repling. Great great product and thanks agian.

Posted 2 years ago - #16

17. Challenger loanna

XP: 

10 / 1337

I just replaced the folder right as it's said on here but game don't recognizes Elvui nomore. The folder is in C:\Program Files\WOW\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\ElvUI fact do i have to change anything else? WTF folder maybe? coz shows like i have nothing installed and ingame is a mess...
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/wowscrnshot041712104300.jpg/
    Supposed work as old Elvui and save my settings.. Help me on this please :)
    Ty

Posted 2 years ago - #17

18. offline
    VIP

XP: 

904 / 1337

Can you say what is in that \interface\addons\ElvUI folder?

Shadow & Light | Mah toons
    05:12:50 ‹Elv› I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
    <--- Fan of maids
    Posted 2 years ago - #18

19. Challenger loanna

XP: 

10 / 1337

The folder looks more like this, inside the interface folder: C:\Program Files\WOW\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\ElvUI-tree-bbc8a9c
    inside it, there is ElvUi folder with config, core, developer, layout, libs,locales, media, modules folders and bindings, Elv Ui.toc, init.lua, licence

Posted 2 years ago - #19

20. Gladiator BuG
    Premium

XP: 

1337 / 1337

that's your issue.

rename it :

ElvUI

13:40:26 ‹Elv› I kissed a boy, and I liiiked it
    10:39:13 ‹tSgt› then give me your ass i give you mine
    13:53:27 ‹Sgt› Because i like deep things
    Posted 2 years ago - #20

21. Rival Nisha
    VIP

XP: 

300 / 1337

BuG said:
    that's your issue.

rename it :

ElvUI

Copy the elvui folder insight of the ElvUI-tree-bbc8a9c in your world of warcraft\interface\addons folder. should work then! Your issue happens, if you unpack the zip/rar what ever, directly to the folder. it makes a new folder called like the zip/rar.

Posted 2 years ago - #21

22. Rival Fear

XP: 

325 / 1337

Mini-Guide
    --------------
    1.) You start out and have a folder called ElvUI in your Interface\Addons directory.
    2.) Curse is gone so you download from the site now and the file is called ElvUI-tree-bbc8a9c.zip
    3.) Extracting ElvUI-tree-bbc8a9c would leave you with a folder named that, and your saved variable file would have no information regarding that.
    If WoW would recognize it at all. Not 100% sure on this, but I know the naming is important for the saved variable file.
    -----
    **If you don't do updates via Git, the rest is very easy.

4.) Navigate to your ElvUI folder where you have WoW installed. Default is ( C:\Program Files\World Of Warcraft\Interface\Addons )
    5.) Select all the items in the folder and delete them, or if you're worried back them up with winzip/winrar/7zip or copy the contents of the folder somewhere else.
    6.) Open your ElvUI-tree-bbc8a9c.zip and you'll see the folder ElvUI like you've come to know and love.
    7.) Drag the whole folder into your Interface\Addons directory and get the message "Do you want to replace ElvUI" and click yes. Or you can follow step 7a
    7a.) Click the ElvUI folder in your current winzip/winrar/7zip and then see all the files and just highlight them all and drag them into your ElvUI explorer window.

It's pretty much drag and drop unless you do some editing of lua on your own and want to retain the changes.
    Then you want to ........

General Git Files ->> http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list (You need these baseline files to make Git work)
    Tortoise Git (Gui) ->> http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list (Complete GUI for Git to make life very easy)
    Tukui/ElvUI Git Tutorial ->> http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=5008 (Tutorial written for Tukui but works 100% the same for ElvUI)

Posted 2 years ago - #22

23. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

When installing AddOns the folder / file structure should be ../Interface/AddOns/[AddOn Name]/[Multiple AddOn Files]

Like this

Posted 2 years ago - #23

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.