If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » General Discussion » Simple Questions / Simple Answers: ElvUI Usage
  1. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337
    This thread will be a complete rip-off of the similar threads you see on Elitist Jerks.

As such this thread is for questions which:

• 1) Requires a short simple answer.
    • 2) Are not already answered in another thread.
    • 3) Are unlikely to spark sufficient discussion to warrent its own thread.
    • 4) Do not involve editing code in any files.

Please do not post here unless you're either asking or answering a question. Replying to say "thanks" is encouraged in other threads but posts like that in this thread will be deleted in order to keep the thread clean.
    When answering a question please make sure you quote the person asking the question.

The most frequent questions / answers will be compiled for later use as an extensive FAQ.
    1 like by: FunreamPosted 2 years ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

XP: 

1337 / 1337
    A question which get's asked a lot right now is:
    "How do I get my Player / Target frame to show all buffs / debuffs?".
    This video will guide you through the steps for the target frame

Another video to show you how to change color of the spells appearing on your Aura Bars:
    1 like by: Em3xusPosted 2 years ago - #2

3. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

the interface keeps locking me into 'lock action bars' and everytime I move an abilitiy it automatically uses it each time. how do i fix this?

Posted 2 years ago - #3

4. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

nath_103 said:
    the interface keeps locking me into 'lock action bars' and everytime I move an abilitiy it automatically uses it each time. how do i fix this?

Either keep your bars locked and use the shift modifier and drag spells to move, OR disable "cast action keybinds on key down".

Posted 2 years ago - #4

5. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

In Tukui when the target is hit or parries it is shown on the frame, how can I replicate the same feature in Elvui?

Posted 2 years ago - #5

6. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

seerix said:
    In Tukui when the target is hit or parries it is shown on the frame, how can I replicate the same feature in Elvui?

You cannot. There is no such feature in ElvUI currently. If you wish, you can create a ticket suggesting it be added in the future.

1 like by: IoPosted 2 years ago - #6

7. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

Is there any way to change the Cooldowntimer? Or to remove it?
    i want to have MM:SS and not only Minutes(the standard is seconds from 59 if im not mistaking)

Posted 2 years ago - #7

8. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

cwa90 said:
    i want to have MM:SS and not only Minutes(the standard is seconds from 59 if im not mistaking)

Cooldown timer on what? Actionbars? Buffs? Be specific.

Posted 2 years ago - #8

9. offline

XP: 

3 / 1337

On the actiobars.

Posted 2 years ago - #9

10. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Blazeflack said:

cwa90 said:

Cooldown timer on what? Actionbars? Buffs? Be specific.

cwa90 said:
    On the actiobars.

You can disable it through the ingame config.

Edit: A plugin lets you view them in the MM:SS format http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=193

Posted 2 years ago - #10

11. Challenger Khandas

XP: 

11 / 1337

Hello,
    I apologize for your English
    I have one question on you.
    I have an old monitor and when you set the resolution 1280x1024 and I want to set the data in the smallest UI scale so I restarted after returning to the bigger is not possible to fix this somewhere in lua

Posted 2 years ago - #11

12. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Khandas said:
    Hello,
    I apologize for your English I have one question on you.
    I have an old monitor and when you set the resolution 1280x1024 and I want to set the data in the smallest UI scale so I restarted after returning to the bigger is not possible to fix this somewhere in lua

Disable auto scale in ElvUI ingame config. Then set your desired UI scale in the blizzard interface options.

Posted 2 years ago - #12

13. Challenger Khandas

XP: 

11 / 1337

Thank you very much for the advice. I have the config set of ELVs should not be automatically UI scale but even to me after a few returns on of the game all the more UI scale and I do not know where I could still edit. I know the easiest would be to buy a new monitor but unfortunately most are now for money.

Posted 2 years ago - #13

14. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Khandas said:
    Thank you very much for the advice. I have the config set of ELVs should not be automatically UI scale but even to me after a few returns on of the game all the more UI scale and I do not know where I could still edit. I know the easiest would be to buy a new monitor but unfortunately most are now for money.

Please create a new thread in the Technical Support forum and explain in detail what your issue is. Feel free to post in your native language and then ask someone to translate it for the rest of us.

Posted 2 years ago - #14

15. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Khandas said:

You set ui scale in the blizzard options: ESC -> Options -> Advanced -> UI Scale

Posted 2 years ago - #15

16. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

Where are the resources for the very beginner ELVUI user?

Posted 2 years ago - #16

17. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

filFizl said:
    Where are the resources for the very beginner ELVUI user?

I have actually been meaning to create an extensive usage guide for ElvUI, but since it will be a ton of work to cover everything I've had to put it on the back burner for a while. In the meantime you can check out L2R's UI Workshop: ElvUI

Posted 2 years ago - #17

18. Rival Moogoose

XP: 

340 / 1337

It's been a while since I've played WoW. Tried doing a search but nothing came up under 'unlock config menu'. So, can the /ec menu be moved elsewhere?

Posted 2 years ago - #18

19. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Moogoose said:
    It's been a while since I've played WoW. Tried doing a search but nothing came up under 'unlock config menu'. So, can the /ec menu be moved elsewhere?

to move the entire configuration menu simply click and drag near the top where it says elvui

:)
    Posted 2 years ago - #19

20. offline

XP: 

2 / 1337

How do I move the bag frame?

Posted 2 years ago - #20

21. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

nparadis said:
    How do I move the bag frame?

/ec -> Bags -> xOffset and yOffset. You cannot move it freely.

Posted 2 years ago - #21

22. offline

XP: 

2 / 1337

I am trying to change gear sets with my bank open, but the bank frame covers up the menu. Is there a way I can fix this?

Posted 2 years ago - #22

23. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

nparadis said:
    I am trying to change gear sets with my bank open, but the bank frame covers up the menu. Is there a way I can fix this?

Only a workaround, but press "H" to get the PvP frame to show up, which will then push the character frame a bit to the right.
    Alternatively you can decrease the panel width in the general section which should also decrease the width of the bank frame (but the height will increase to compensate).

1 like by: GarthoPosted 2 years ago - #23

24. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

Hello, i need to show target's buff like hots and more. Where i can config this?
    (For exemple in battle ground/arena, i can't look target's buffs...)

Posted 2 years ago - #24

25. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

olap said:
    Hello, i need to show target's buff like hots and more. Where i can config this?
    (For exemple in battle ground/arena, i can't look target's buffs...)

/ec -> Unitframes -> Click Target Frame -> Select Buffs from dropdown on the right -> Enable, remove filter, set duration limit to 0, uncheck personal auras.

Posted 2 years ago - #25

26. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

Hello, please, help me. how can i make the name plates coloured by class? ty

Posted 2 years ago - #26

27. online
    VIP

XP: 

933 / 1337

pixlo said:
    Hello, please, help me. how can i make the name plates coloured by class? ty

Esc - Interface - Combat - Class colored nameplates (or something like that)

Shadow & Light | Mah toons
    05:12:50 ‹Elv› I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
    <--- Fan of maids
    Posted 2 years ago - #27

28. offline

XP: 

2 / 1337

I was wondering, in the currency data text that remembers all of my characters gold, I deleted a character and it is still remembering that toon. Is there a way to delete that character? I looked in the WTF folder and deleted the folder on that character but I cant find anything else to do.

Posted 2 years ago - #28

29. offline

XP: 

2 / 1337

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=21561

Answered my own question, but I figured I'd leave this here incase anyone else comes with the same question.

Posted 2 years ago - #29

30. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Lolmechanics said:
    I was wondering, in the currency data text that remembers all of my characters gold, I deleted a character and it is still remembering that toon. Is there a way to delete that character? I looked in the WTF folder and deleted the folder on that character but I cant find anything else to do.

Lolmechanics said:
    http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=21561

Answered my own question, but I figured I'd leave this here incase anyone else comes with the same question.

And the answer was: /resetgold

Posted 2 years ago - #30

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.