If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » General Discussion » Buff Indicators (HoT's)
  1. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

I love the grid layout for healing and it's already next to perfect but one thing I've never fully gotten used to is that the heal over time indicators have that ticking clock icon thing going on. It's nice, but I've always missed how precise GridStatusHots is where it's just a number timer.

Is there anyway to replicate this in ElvUI? Like editing a lua file somewhere? In a perfect world it would have the coloured icon (not the spell icon) with a outlined number timer ticking down in the middle. In the case of lifebloom it could the stack count next to it e.g. 12-3.

I realise I can just go back to using Grid or Vuhdo but since converting to ElvUI I like to use as few addons as possible.

Posted 2 years ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

XP: 

1337 / 1337

I don't know of a way to do that. You can add a request for the feature in the ticket tracker.

Posted 2 years ago - #2

3. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

Thanks for the quick response. After some digging around it seems that the AuraWatch module can do this if it's combined with OmniCC. Is the AuraWatch embedded in ElvUI stock or is it modified? Also I tried installing OmniCC but as I suspected it's not hooking in to the auras by default. I don't suppose anyone has any pointers? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Posted 2 years ago - #3

4. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

You probably have reduce the setting for "Minimum size to display text" in Omnicc.

For the record, you can achieve the same thing within Elvui. There should have been an ingame setting for this, but you have to edit /ElvUI/modules/actionbars/Cooldown.lua and lower:

local MIN_SCALE = 0.5

Note that there are two entries for it for some reason. You have to delete one of them or change both.

The advantage of using Omnicc is that you can have different settings for different frames. Font, size, placement, etc.

Posted 2 years ago - #4

5. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

Thanks for the tip but that's not what I'm trying to achieve. Unless something is going wrong with my setup of course... All this did was edit the cooldown text on the action bars.

I'm trying to add timer text to the HoT icons on the party/raid frames. Either by stopping the clock animation of the icon and overlaying the timer text or by simply replacing the icon with text.

From the oUF AuraWatch page on wowinterface.

oUF_AW does not display numerical timers on its own. However, it does create a cooldown frame which, when paired with OmniCC by Tuller (or a similar addon), will create a countdown for you.

I'm getting the impression this will be a fairly advanced thing to do and unfortunately I don't have any real experience with Lua coding. Though I'm not afraid of going through a bit of trial and error on my own if someone can point me in the right direction.

Posted 2 years ago - #5

6. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

That's exactly what that change is meant to target. Also, the change shouldn't affect your actionbars at all. If it did, you did something wrong.

However, if you want to remover the cooldown overlay. This can only be done with Omnicc. It's not trivial, unless you want to remove cooldown overlays throught your whole UI. That's because the aurawatch icons doesn't have a framename. You would have to set specific settings for all frames you want to keep an overlay on, and remove overlays on the general profile.

Edit: This image shows timers from ElvUI with the change I mentioned and increased font size.

Posted 2 years ago - #6

7. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

You're right, I was reading the note in the lua wrong and adjusting the size the wrong way. Thanks a lot!

How would I go about changing the size of the text? Also now I have the problm that the lifebloom stack count is overlapping the timer.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Edit: I solved the font size problem by using omnicc. All I really need to do now is bump the lifebloom stack count over to the right a bit.

Posted 2 years ago - #7

8. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337
    local FONT_SIZE = 20

in Cooldown.lua to change font size. This will however change throughout your whole ui.

If you want to change the position of the count text, you have to open /modules/unitframes/update_elements.lua and find:

local counterOffsets = {
    	['TOPLEFT'] = {6, 1},
    	['TOPRIGHT'] = {-6, 1},
    	['BOTTOMLEFT'] = {6, 1},
    	['BOTTOMRIGHT'] = {-6, 1},
    	['LEFT'] = {6, 1},
    	['RIGHT'] = {-6, 1},
    	['TOP'] = {0, 0},
    	['BOTTOM'] = {0, 0},

Now you have to check where your icon is positioned and edit the entry for that position. First value is for X-axis and second for Y.

1 like by: NyassaPosted 2 years ago - #8

9. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

Perfect, problem solved. Thanks so much for your help, this has been bugging me for so long but I just tried to deal with it because I thought it was going to be really difficult to solve.

I actually don't mind having the Icon underneath since I use the plain textures instead of the spell icon. The only slight issue is the clock animation. Is this as easy to solve as the rest was? No need to go out of your way for it of course, I already appreciate the help. It's such a small issue that I can live with it. I'm just one of those annoying people that likes to have everything perfect if possible.

Posted 2 years ago - #9

10. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

No worries, I'm the same way.

If you want to remove the overlay, but still have a timer text, there are two approaches.

-First is to remove the overlay Elvui creates and make it set a text with the cooldown instead. I'm gonna rule that option out for now.

-Second is to add different groups in OmniCC and disable cooldown timers in Elvui. Not knowing what addons you use, I'm gonna assume you only use Elvui for now. Open OmniCC and untick "Show cooldown models". Lower "Minimum size to display text" to the point where it shows texts on the aurawatch icons.

Now, you need to create a second group. Chose "New Group" from the dropdown in the top right corner. Call it "ElvUI_Bar". Now you can have different settings between the aurawatch icons and the actionbars by chosing between "Default" and "ElvUI_Bar".

Posted 2 years ago - #10

11. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

Ah I see, I was thinking it was going to be a lua change, I didn't think of trying to remove the animation through omnicc but this did the job nicely. Now it's just a static texture instead of the clock animation. Adding the group ElvUI_Bar didn't work for me though. None of the settings will edit anything on the actionbars.

Edit: I worked it out. Just had to create a rule called ElvUI_Bar as well and then it started working.

Edit 2: Ok so just out of curiosity now, what would be the consequences of somehow disabling the HoT texture under the timer? If it's even possible.

Posted 2 years ago - #11

12. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

1) Sorry, forgot about the rule. The name wasn't that important, the rule is.

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, but you can toggle between showing a texture and a static color for each aurawatch icon.

/ec -> UnitFrames -> Filter -> Buff Indicator -> Select a spell

Posted 2 years ago - #12

13. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

What I had in mind was a way to change the alpha of the icon under the timer so that it's no longer visible. However as a workaround I copied the health colour over to the icon colours and I actually prefere the effect over what I originaly wanted. Now it just looks like the timer has a nice frame behind it.

Only one problem left for me to fix now. I edited the party frames power bar but now the bottom right timer is overlapping it and the counteroffsets you mentioned earlier that moved the lifebloom stack counter aren't moving this one. I don't suppose you know where I can change that as well?

Edit: Here's a screenshot. Sorry for the oversized thumbnail but I don't know how to change it.

Posted 2 years ago - #13

14. Gladiator Catok

XP: 

1337 / 1337

I'm sorry, but I don't know how you can offset those. Having an option to do that is something I miss myself.

Maybe you can try to request this feature through a ticket?

I can try to dig a bit in the code, but not sure when I will have time, yet.

Posted 2 years ago - #14

15. Challenger Ithra

XP: 

10 / 1337

It's no problem. Like I said earlier you've already helped me so much, don't go out of your way on my account. I'll try a request a bit later.

If you come across the option I'll be keeping an eye on this thread so if you could post that would be great.

Thanks again for all the help.

Posted 2 years ago - #15

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.