If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » Technical Support » A taint has occurred that is preventing you from using the queue system.
  1. Challenger nark

XP: 

14 / 1337

Hi,
    Since yesterday, 15/3/2013, I'm getting this PoPup Message when I'm in combat.
    Yesterday there was a patch on WoW and I updated ElvUi Enhance to version 1.56 from the version 1.55 (today I'm on 1.58)
    My ElvUi is 5.63

Does anyone else get this error? I tried on google but there's no comments about it.

Posted 1 year ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

XP: 

1 / 1337

I have been having the same issue. At first, I thought it was because I was being lazy and didn't have a few addons updated. I updated my addons and I am still having the same problem.
    Do you use Oqueue? I'm thinking that it could be causing this issue. If you use OQueue, please let me know and I'll start by deleting it and go from there. I just don't want to delete it and it not be the problem.

Posted 1 year ago - #2

3. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

It's not Oqueue. I got the popup first time we pulled a trash pack in LFR. Did a /reload after that and never saw the popup again.

Not sure exactly what is causing it, but I'm not using oQueue.

Posted 1 year ago - #3

4. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

I am experiencing this issue as well, but only in arenas. It keeps coming back very frequently.

Posted 1 year ago - #4

5. Challenger Shoo

XP: 

8 / 1337

Same here. Get popups everywhere, sometimes in PvE, sometimes in PVP, BG, RBG, Arenas :( Very annoying.
    PS. Have oqueue installed too.

Posted 1 year ago - #5

6. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

You can blame blizzard for their shitty taint system. I modified the original popup to say the message "A taint has occured that is preventing you from using the queue system. Please reload your user interface and try again.". Instead of "%s addon has been blocked from calling a blizzard only function. Would you like to disable %s.".

I cannot fix this taint. It happens when you specific queue a BG, then attempt to request in a random BG after.

:)
    Posted 1 year ago - #6

7. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

What about my case where it happened in Throne of Thunder LFR version? The error popped on the very first trash pack pull, but I haven't seen it since.
    I guess it was just a random taint with no relation to the one concerning PvP queues?

Posted 1 year ago - #7

8. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Blazeflack said:
    What about my case where it happened in Throne of Thunder LFR version? The error popped on the very first trash pack pull, but I haven't seen it since.
    I guess it was just a random taint with no relation to the one concerning PvP queues?

You must be mistaken because that cannot popup unless the PVP Frame is shown.

if PVPQueueFrame and PVPQueueFrame:IsShown() then
    		for i = 1, 4, 1 do
    			if _G['StaticPopup'..i] then
    				_G['StaticPopup'..i]:Hide()
    			end
    		end

E:StaticPopup_Show('QUEUE_TAINT')
    	end

And for anyone interested in reporting to Blizzard here is the taint. I no longer report anything to them because I feel like it is a waste of time. A workaround for now is to use the micro bar and not the minimap dropdown menu.

3/16 19:20:26.235  Global variable UIDROPDOWNMENU_MENU_LEVEL tainted by ElvUI - Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:38
    3/16 19:20:26.235      securecall()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:64 UIDropDownMenu_Initialize()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\EasyMenu.lua:21 EasyMenu()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\maps\minimap.lua:112
    3/16 19:20:26.235  Execution tainted by ElvUI while reading UIDROPDOWNMENU_MENU_LEVEL - Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:656 UIDropDownMenu_GetSelectedID()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:435 UIDropDownMenu_AddButton()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\EasyMenu.lua:30 initFunction()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:69 UIDropDownMenu_Initialize()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:864 ToggleDropDownMenu()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\FrameXML\EasyMenu.lua:22 EasyMenu()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\maps\minimap.lua:112
    3/16 19:20:26.235  Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_PVPUI\Blizzard_PVPUI.lua:468 HonorFrame_Queue()
    3/16 19:20:26.235  An action was blocked because of taint from ElvUI - JoinBattlefield()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_PVPUI\Blizzard_PVPUI.lua:475 HonorFrame_Queue()
    3/16 19:20:26.235      HonorFrameSoloQueueButton:OnClick()
    Posted 1 year ago - #8

9. Duelist sortokk
    Blizzard

XP: 

585 / 1337

Elv I can confirm it will show without the PVP frame shown. I was doing Echo of Kros and I had it pop up every time we killed one of the adds. Reloading my UI after the fight fixed the issue.

Yep, it's awesome. No, I can't tell you. :)
    Posted 1 year ago - #9

10. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

sortokk said:
    Elv I can confirm it will show without the PVP frame shown. I was doing Echo of Kros and I had it pop up every time we killed one of the adds. Reloading my UI after the fight fixed the issue.

Okay that frame doesn't get hidden. I will fix it.

BTW that is bad for you though because that means the popup was getting shown on every taint you received. You must be getting spammed with taints during combat with 1 of your addons.

Posted 1 year ago - #10

11. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

I may of been able to fix this by not using Blizzards shitty dropdown menu code.

Posted 1 year ago - #11

12. Duelist sortokk
    Blizzard

XP: 

585 / 1337

I know which one it probably was, but like I said I reloaded my UI and it all seems okay now. That was the first time it happened to me. Thanks for the fix (hopefully) though.

Yep, it's awesome. No, I can't tell you. :)
    Posted 1 year ago - #12

13. Challenger nark

XP: 

14 / 1337

Thank you for this fix =) it was really fast

Posted 1 year ago - #13

14. offline

XP: 

1 / 1337

.65 did not fix still get in warsong gulch bg

Posted 1 year ago - #14

15. Hero Elv
    Overlord

XP: 

1337 / 1337

niceeyeman said:
    .65 did not fix still get in warsong gulch bg

Uh I completely removed the code that was displaying the message, how could you still get it?

Posted 1 year ago - #15

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.