If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Click here to become a Premium Member : No ads site-wide : Forum privileges : Upgraded services : Giveaway & moreSupport the Site! Support Us!
Tukui » ElvUI » Technical Support » Cooldown text
  1. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

Hey guys,

I did a little bit of searching on the site and didn't find anything that could help, so I am creating a new thread.

Elvui has a built in CD timer, like OmniCC that will place a timer on anything, including Weakauras; I like the CD text on my action bar, but I want to disable the CD text on the Weakauras icon. For now I've had to disable CD text completely to get Weakauras to function the way I want when I set the aura as a CD with the sweep.

Is there anyone who knows how to disable the CD text from everything except for the action bars?

Posted 1 year ago - #1

2. If you wish to help support this site please disable your adblock program.

Gladiator Repooc

XP: 

1077 / 1337

Weakauras is nott part of elvui so I'm confused on ur question. Are you wanting to remove the text on weakaura cooldown icon u made for a spell?

Posted 1 year ago - #2

3. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

For some reason Elvui overrides Weakauras and will put a timer on the CD sweep in weakauras. It's controlled by Elvui for the entire interface; it puts the CD timer on the items in my bags, the abilities on my action bars, which is what you would expect, but it also does it to Weakauras, which it shouldn't.

I don't know lua and I don't know the backend of any of this, but my guess is that whatever function is being called for the items in my bags and the action buttons is similar to that being called for display of Weakauras.

I don't think it's on Weakauras end because I can disable the CD text in Elvui and it gets rid of it, but also removes it from my actionbar buttons and the items in my bag, which I want to stay there. I just want to be able to change options in Elvui to only handle the bags and the actions bars, no other addons.

CD text Enabled in Elvui
    CD text Disabled in Elvui

Posted 1 year ago - #3

4. Gladiator Repooc

XP: 

1077 / 1337

Just out of curiousity, are u running elvui addon skins? If so I'm wondering if that overrides text... I'm not at home to test as I use wa elvui and elvui addon skins, don't use elvui enhanced but don't think that would be the issue. If u use addon skins disable weak aura skin and test... u can also narrow down by disabling all the addons except elvui, elvui config and weak auras.... means disable the addons with elvui in it as well

Posted 1 year ago - #4

5. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

Oh man, thank you. (I still appreciate your help even if it was not the solution).

The solution is usually the simplest action, lol. I do use the elvui skin plugin, when I disabled WA in the skins section, it alleviated the problem. Thank you for the help.

+1 internetz for you, sir.

Posted 1 year ago - #5

6. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

UPDATE: After further testing, I discovered that CD text has not disappeared by disabling the skin in Elvuiskins.

I am still at a loss on how to remove it from weakauras without removing it from the rest of the interface.

Posted 1 year ago - #6

7. Challenger Blazey24

XP: 

28 / 1337

Gonna post here instead of making a brand new thread, is there a way to completely disable the inbuilt cooldown timers? (i.e. on abilities/action bars).
    As I'm using OmniCC for timers on other addons and the default ElvUI one overlaps with OmniCC.

Posted 1 year ago - #7

8. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

Blazey24 said:
    Gonna post here instead of making a brand new thread, is there a way to completely disable the inbuilt cooldown timers? (i.e. on abilities/action bars).
    As I'm using OmniCC for timers on other addons and the default ElvUI one overlaps with OmniCC.

Open Elvui Config /ec
    Expand Action Bars
    Select Cooldown Text from the sub-menu
    Remove the check mark from Enable.

I would suggest at the very least a /reloadui, if not a re-log just to make sure it takes properly.

If you look at my screen shots from above you will find the options to disable all cd text provided by Elvui, in case the explanation doesn't make sense.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it just off weakauras :(

Posted 1 year ago - #8

9. offline

XP: 

1337 / 1337

Hey teh.nerdbox,

I've looked into it a bit before (not much) & didn't easily find an answer.

Have you tried asking at the WeakAuras forums? I ask this as I know Weak auras pulls cooldown text from other addons as well, like omnicc & cooldowns, not just ElvUI & so someone at WeakAuras might know how to stop it from one of those other addons. (which then could be applied to ElvUI)

Posted 1 year ago - #9

10. Challenger Blazey24

XP: 

28 / 1337

teh.nerdbox said:
    Open Elvui Config /ec
    Expand Action Bars
    Select Cooldown Text from the sub-menu
    Remove the check mark from Enable.

I would suggest at the very least a /reloadui, if not a re-log just to make sure it takes properly.

If you look at my screen shots from above you will find the options to disable all cd text provided by Elvui, in case the explanation doesn't make sense.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it just off weakauras :(

FML, how did I not see that? Spent like an hour going through every option and completely missed it, thanks mate.

Posted 1 year ago - #10

11. Challenger Krykiet
    Premium

XP: 

30 / 1337

botanica said:
    *snip*

Thanks for the response, I will touch base on that end and see if we can't find out if it is on WA's end. If it's not, I think at this point I would open a ticket, but I will update this post when I get further information from WAs.

Blazey24 said:FML, how did I not see that? Spent like an hour going through every option and completely missed it, thanks mate.

It's all good, I've done that myself with other options. :P

Posted 1 year ago - #11

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.