Shadow & Light is an external edit of ElvUI, which means it doesn't change ElvUI's files directly.
What does this mean to you?
It means that any time ElvUI gets updated, you will not have to worry about it overwriting our edited version of ElvUI. It also means if we push an update it will not mess with any ElvUI files. This addon can not be used without ElvUI installed and enabled.
Originally this project started as two personal edits of ElvUI by Darth Predator and I (Repooc). For technical support reasons and other reasons as well, we have moved to a combined effort on this external edit of the ElvUI. Shadow & Light does not disable or hinder the normal function of ElvUI but does add additional features that are not yet implemented or will not be added to ElvUI.
You'll find Shadow & Light options under it's own configuration category in ElvUI's config section by typing /ec
- Armory Mode Style Character & Inspect frame
- Go afk in style with our Afk feature
- Customize various texts including, Zone, Chat editbox, Mailbox
- Add Coordinates on the Minimap
- Show full values for Exp/Rep Bars
- Customizable background panels.
- Additional datatext panels for those tha want to display more info
- Option to have S&L Handle Chat Datatext Panels to be docked below the chat windows
- Customizable size of chat history stored
- Customize Combat Icon position on player unitframe.
- Equipment Manager for ability to swap equipment sets based on zone/instance/spec, can even display equipment set name on items in your bags.
- Farmer Module for easier farm management.
- LFR progression in Time Datatext.
- Loot Announcer module adds ability to announce loot to selected channel
- Misc Custom UI Button (Quickly access ElvUI Config, ReloadUI, Toggle Move Anchors, Boss mod config/options (DBM, DXE, or Bigwigs), Addons Manager (stAddOnManager or ACP)
- Modified Installation Process (Includes settings that each of the authors play with and now includes Affinitii's UI.)
- Movable Pet Battle Actionbar
- Movable Raid Utility menu.
- PvP Auto Release
- Skinned Minimap buttons
- Skinned Raid Marker Bar
- And more!
- Additional features for ElvUI skins:
- Pet Battles
- Objective Tracker
Did we forget anyone? O_o
If you have any questions or concerns, we want to hear about it. You are welcome to post it via the Ticket System
Darth Predator and I will do our best to address everyone's concern. We typically need some information from you other than the problem you are having. Before posting, PLEASE, make sure you are running the latest version of Shadow & Light as well as ElvUI and that you <b>DISABLE ALL</b> addons except for those two and try to reproduce the issue. It is important that you do that so we can narrow down what is causing the problem in the first place.
Information to provide when posting:
1.) Shadow & Light Version
2.) ElvUI Version
3.) Provide lua errors
4.) Provide a screenshot if possible
5.) Detailed description of the issue on when it happens, how it happens, whatever you did to reproduce it.
6.) Just to be clear, Disable ALL Addons except for ElvUI and Shadow & Light
With that said, happy gaming and enjoy the addon!
v3.40 [July 19th 2018]
- Fixed some datatexts trying to register events no longer existing
- Fixed quest log fonts reseting to default all the time
- Fixed pvp module
- Added support for GuildRosterManager minimap button
v3.40 [July 18th 2018]
- Fixed copy-paste fails in minimap module
- Fixed WQT compatibility code
- Fixed auras not hiding texts
v3.399 [July 18th 2018]
- Quick fix for copy-paste error in coordinates aquisition
v3.39 [July 17th 2018]
This is the first version for Battle For Azeroth expantion. This will not work untill patch hits your region.
This will also require appropriate version of ElvUI to function.
- Fixed chat problem for CN realms
- Armory should not be broken on load if item quality info is not available
- Fixed Outfitter minimap button not being skinned with appropriate option enabled
- Artifact releated features are now removed
- Strata of some elements was risen so they will not fall under minimap
- Order hall options are now in the legacy section. Related options were reset
- Azerite items indicator for armory. Looks kinda like transmog indicator but in the different position
- Portrait and aura options for more single unitframes