Shadow & Light is an external edit of ElvUI, which means it doesn't change ElvUI's files directly.
What does this mean to you?
It means that any time ElvUI gets updated, you will not have to worry about it overwriting our edited version of ElvUI. It also means if we push an update it will not mess with any ElvUI files. This addon can not be used without ElvUI installed and enabled.
Originally this project started as two personal edits of ElvUI by Darth Predator and I (Repooc). For technical support reasons and other reasons as well, we have moved to a combined effort on this external edit of the ElvUI. Shadow & Light does not disable or hinder the normal function of ElvUI but does add additional features that are not yet implemented or will not be added to ElvUI.
You'll find Shadow & Light options under it's own configuration category in ElvUI's config section by typing /ec
- Armory Mode Style Character & Inspect frame
- Go afk in style with our Afk feature
- Customize various texts including, Zone, Chat editbox, Mailbox
- Add Coordinates on the Minimap
- Show full values for Exp/Rep Bars
- Customizable background panels.
- Additional datatext panels for those tha want to display more info
- Option to have S&L Handle Chat Datatext Panels to be docked below the chat windows
- Customizable size of chat history stored
- Customize Combat Icon position on player unitframe.
- Equipment Manager for ability to swap equipment sets based on zone/instance/spec, can even display equipment set name on items in your bags.
- Farmer Module for easier farm management.
- LFR progression in Time Datatext.
- Loot Announcer module adds ability to announce loot to selected channel
- Misc Custom UI Button (Quickly access ElvUI Config, ReloadUI, Toggle Move Anchors, Boss mod config/options (DBM, DXE, or Bigwigs), Addons Manager (stAddOnManager or ACP)
- Modified Installation Process (Includes settings that each of the authors play with and now includes Affinitii's UI.)
- Movable Pet Battle Actionbar
- Movable Raid Utility menu.
- PvP Auto Release
- Skinned Minimap buttons
- Skinned Raid Marker Bar
- And more!
- Additional features for ElvUI skins:
- Pet Battles
- Objective Tracker
Did we forget anyone? O_o
If you have any questions or concerns, we want to hear about it. You are welcome to post it via the Ticket System
Darth Predator and I will do our best to address everyone's concern. We typically need some information from you other than the problem you are having. Before posting, PLEASE, make sure you are running the latest version of Shadow & Light as well as ElvUI and that you <b>DISABLE ALL</b> addons except for those two and try to reproduce the issue. It is important that you do that so we can narrow down what is causing the problem in the first place.
Information to provide when posting:
1.) Shadow & Light Version
2.) ElvUI Version
3.) Provide lua errors
4.) Provide a screenshot if possible
5.) Detailed description of the issue on when it happens, how it happens, whatever you did to reproduce it.
6.) Just to be clear, Disable ALL Addons except for ElvUI and Shadow & Light
With that said, happy gaming and enjoy the addon!
v3.471 [September 23rd 2018]
- This time raid progress really works. I blame Benik!
v3.47 [September 23rd 2018]
- Uldir raid progress (and options for it) should be properly showin in tooltips now
- An option to control chat tab resize was added. Apparently automatic script was not judging it right.
v3.46 [September 16th 2018]
- Fixed release spirit popup hiding when you try to look at death recap
- Enhanced shadows can now be applied to datatext panels (not for minimap though)
- Changed how player class/level line in armory looks for some locales
- Azerite indicator in character screen now looks like default blizz
- Some blizz frames can no longer be moved permanently due to some other issues surfacing out of this
v3.451 [September 7th 2018]
- Fixed typo resulting in errors on load.
v3.45 [September 7th 2018]
- Any addon that creates pins on minimap using HereBeDragons lib will now be ignored while skinning minimap buttons.
- Fixed vehicle bar breaking with masque.
- Addons embedded via AddOnSkins should now position themselves properly
- Fixed inspect armory hiding item level texts when it shouldn't
- Enhanced shadows now have option to return UF shadow to how those were prior to v3.44
- Armory stats pane now has an option to enable/disable nearly every stat possible (not all though)
- Some frames should not be present on screen at the same time while using the functionality of moving blizzard frames around. E.g. Main Menu and some option screens.
v3.44 [September 2nd 2018]
- Fixes for taints in location bar
- Fixes for QuestGuru skin
- Fixed war camapaign button when skinned
- Fixed azerite items in Inspect
- Fixed inspect transmog indicator (still can bug out on first inspect per session)
- Fixed auto track of reputation
- New mage portals to location panel
- More stats added to armory
- Added options for positioning Hearth if Azeroth's level thingy
- PvP mover removed. ElvUI deals with that now.
- Enhanced shadows now are applied to power/health bars separately on unitframes
v3.43 [August 13th 2018]
This version has a hard requirement for ElvUI v10.78+ to work
- Fixed toolbars movers still showing up on load.
- Fixed enchant scroll button not showing up.
- Fixed loot announcement not seeing quality of intems. Not that this feature is relevant withou master looter anyways.
- Potentially fixed bag error when equipement set ID was passed as nil.
- Changed the way armory checks for weapon enchants. Should be showing warnings for correct weapons now.
- Movable Blizzard frames should be fully functional again.
- PvP indicator icon can now show exact honor level for the unit. You don't need to guess now.
- Armory now has options for text offsets. With introduction of this change durability text was moved inside item icon.
- Addedd VAT compatibility
- Added an option to change minimap coordinates color
v3.421 [July 27th 2018]
- Fixed coordinates seemed to not get correct info most of the time
v3.42 [July 26th 2018]
- PvP is even more fixed nowâ„¢
- Fixed community links not working
- Fixed rare font chage error
- Fixed some weird behavior in movable frames (WIP)
- Fixed objective tracker reseting fonts
- Fixed armory throwing errors at items enhanced with buckes
- Fixed sorting in currency dt (@DTuloJr)
- Fixed progression tooltip errors
- Community frame is now movable
- Added korean locale by meloppy (WIP)
- Vehicle bar now has the option to lower number of buttons shown
- Added Sunn Viewports compatibility
- Changed the way to get coordinates to accomodate for ElvUI's changes and preventing possible memory leak (this will be fully functional once ElvUI 10.78 is released)
- Changed vehicle seat scaling script. Should be more reliable now
- Due to blizz API being broken (as usual!) we can't get boss kill info on pre-Legion LFR raids. Options for tracking those were removed.
- Toolbars movers are no longer visible when those are disabled
- Re-enabled tooltip section config that was disabled during beta
- LibProcessable updated
v3.40 [July 19th 2018]
- Fixed some datatexts trying to register events no longer existing
- Fixed quest log fonts reseting to default all the time
- Fixed pvp module
- Added support for GuildRosterManager minimap button
v3.40 [July 18th 2018]
- Fixed copy-paste fails in minimap module
- Fixed WQT compatibility code
- Fixed auras not hiding texts
v3.399 [July 18th 2018]
- Quick fix for copy-paste error in coordinates aquisition
v3.39 [July 17th 2018]
This is the first version for Battle For Azeroth expantion. This will not work untill patch hits your region.
This will also require appropriate version of ElvUI to function.
- Fixed chat problem for CN realms
- Armory should not be broken on load if item quality info is not available
- Fixed Outfitter minimap button not being skinned with appropriate option enabled
- Artifact releated features are now removed
- Strata of some elements was risen so they will not fall under minimap
- Order hall options are now in the legacy section. Related options were reset
- Azerite items indicator for armory. Looks kinda like transmog indicator but in the different position
- Portrait and aura options for more single unitframes