Loss of Control Icon

In "Toggle Anchors" mode there is an anchor for the "Loss of Control" icon, but moving it doesn't seem to change anything, the icon still appears right in the middle of the screen. Am I missing something? I assume it must be movable, otherwise there wouldn't be an anchor, right?

The skin is enabled, and does change the look of the icon slightly, but it still appears right in the middle regardless of where the anchor is.

Loss of Control Icon

Please type in chat in game
/luaerror on
and test. If you still have the issue, type in chat in game
/estatus
and upload a full UI screenshot showing the issue and status panel.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Loss of Control Icon

So you can confirm it is supposed to move to the location of the anchor?

I've noticed that there are a few elements that ElvUI has some control over (ex., the feedback text near the middle of the screen, whose font ElVUI can change), but which can't be moved.

Also, do you know whether the option in Blizzard's menu (under Interface > Combat > Loss of Control Alerts) is supposed to be on or off (or if it makes no difference) ?
Last edited by RFC3251 on Mon May 11, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loss of Control Icon

Okay, I think I've figured it out. Apparently it had something to do with one of the modules in Project Azilroka. The file from the Tukui website isn't numbered, so I'm not sure which version I had (I think it was around 2 months old, so maybe 1.45? - there are no dates listed), but I checked the "changelog" pane and it showed "1.60-1.65" as the latest one.

Then I went to CurseForge (where the files are numbered) and it showed a 1.67 (though no changelog for it), and checking the "extras" pane on your site also shows 1.67 (although the changelog only shows 1.65, which is a bit confusing).

So I downloaded 1.67, disabled all the modules I wasn't using before (so it was the same config, just a new version), and the "Loss of Control" icon is now correctly moved to its anchor, whether the ElvUI skin is enabled or not.

I'm not sure how close the association is between Tukui / ElvUI and Azilroka, but you might want to change the download page on your site to show the current version more prominently (maybe include it in the file name), like in CurseForge. Also, maybe list the date when each version was released (in the changelog) to help with troubleshooting.

Edit - I opened the old file and apparently I had version 1.57, which doesn't seem to exist at all, according to the changelog on your site, where it jumps from 1.45 to 1.60.

Loss of Control Icon

Botanica wrote: Go to extras
Er... as mentioned on my post:
checking the "extras" pane on your site also shows 1.67 (although the changelog only shows 1.65, which is a bit confusing).
And the issue isn't so much which version I have, it's which version is the latest. Which isn't very obvious on the Tukui site, since it's not mentioned on the download or changelog panes, and the file itself isn't numbered (it's clearer on CurseForge).

Loss of Control Icon

Moving from ElvUI support. ElvUI is ONLY ElvUI and ElvUI_OptionsUI.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.