ChatBubble Skin in protected Area

Since Blizzard protected the ChatBubbles in Dungeons/Raid/Garrison, AddOns are not able to skin the ChatBubbles anymore.

You can still achieve it, with interface textures:

Taken from Aurora, place the folder Tooltips in your Interface folder: Interface/Tooltips/
You have to restart the game to take effect.

Note: If you are using this texture files. You are forced to use the texture, you cant disable it via any AddOn.

With backdrop
Tooltips.zip
With Textures
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times

Empty Textures
Tooltips.zip
Without Textures
(886 Bytes) Downloaded 4582 times

Code: Select all

World of Warcraft \ _retail_ \ Interface\ Tooltips
    ChatBubble-backdrop.blp
    ChatBubble-Background.blp
    ChatBubble-Tail.blp

Thanks to discord user Alea for pointing out that we can still do it like this. =)

With backdrop:
Wow-64_2017-07-25_17-16-07.png
Wow-64_2017-07-25_17-16-07.png (143.68 KiB) Viewed 29280 times
Empty Texture:
emptytexture.png
emptytexture.png (101.13 KiB) Viewed 28014 times
MerathilisUI

also note, you can have ElvUI's chat bubble style disabled in order to have these textures on all chat bubbles, regardless of the area you are in.
Alea provided another texture here:
Tooltips.zip
(853 Bytes) Downloaded 529 times
Wow-64_2017-07-25_13-10-50.png
Wow-64_2017-07-25_13-10-50.png (34.17 KiB) Viewed 29294 times
note (as of 8/3/17): if you want the ability to change the font size/etc then download this: ElvUI.zip and update your ElvUI as normal. it's the development branch of ElvUI, which is alpha. it supports changing the blizzard chat bubble font based around where we style the font in our chat bubbles, so you can have chat bubble `style = disabled` but still change the font (which will apply to these bubbles).

just wish blizzard would force classcolor player names on everything... that's actually the thing i miss the most in those chat bubbles
05:12:50 ‹Elv› I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
13:40:26 ‹Elv› I kissed a boy, and I liiiked it

Merathilis wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am
It was, since blizzard protected them, as i wrote above: AddOns are not able to skin the chat bubbles in protected areas (dungeons/raid/garrison). So nothing we can do about this now.
Yep i do know ^^ but i understand that probably in the next build we'll be able to change fonts directly in Elvui even if they are disabled (of course using tooltips tricks) :)
Death is not the end, but only a transition

Obscurrium wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:52 am
Merathilis wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am
It was, since blizzard protected them, as i wrote above: AddOns are not able to skin the chat bubbles in protected areas (dungeons/raid/garrison). So nothing we can do about this now.
Yep i do know ^^ but i understand that probably in the next build we'll be able to change fonts directly in Elvui even if they are disabled (of course using tooltips tricks) :)
We have added this in our dev branch ;) -> https://git.tukui.org/elvui/elvui/commi ... 28b1e658ee
As you see in the screenshot below, i'm in the garrison which is a protected area:
MerathilisUI

Obscurrium wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:04 am
Merathilis wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 am
As you see in the screenshot below, i'm in the garrison which is a protected area:
So Next version will also add tooltip script in interface ? or de we have to do it manually ?
What kind of script? If i mentioned in the "Guide" on the top. If you want to use the texture for the chat bubbles in protected area you have to download the image files we posted above. The next release will only deal with the fonts in the chat bubbles.
MerathilisUI