Forum Rules:
Before creating a thread here then please read [FOR TECH SUPPORT] README FIRST.

missing chat window.

Version of ElvUI (use /estatus command ingame to check): [your answer here]
current one or most recent.
Disable all addons except the two called "ElvUI" and "ElvUI OptionsUI". Do you still experience the issue now?: [your answer here]

Disable all addons and use the default UI to make sure it is not an issue with the WoW client itself. Do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]

Check for lua errors by using the command "/luaerror on" without quotes. Did you get an error or do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]
it says I get lua errors and 8 of them when I log into the toon and no way to see them. the chat window does not show up and I do not have the issue on other toons. Do not know what I am missing. It is an alt, which is my main in the current guild. Lua message is null and it has 8 of them. I do not know if it is a profile issure or something.

If you received an error then post it below (use the 'code' bbcode):
[your error here]

Please explain the issue you're having with as much detail as possible. Describe the exact steps we need to take in order to reproduce the issue.:
I am not sure what is going on. I just update the addons I have and it is the only one toon I have the issue on. i do not know. I can type messages and the chat window acts like it hidden and I did nothing to hide it on any toon. I can disable to it to get around the issue, it is still only this one toon out of 7. The only conflict is between paterbars and elvUI bars. I have not touched the ui setting to clear up this issue because the chat window. It only showed up after I updated ElvUI,
[your information here]

Do you have any other information which might help us track down the issue?:
[your text here]

We often get clues about the issue by looking at your entire UI, so please take some screenshots and add them here.:
[your image(s) here]Not sure what is going on. One of my toons in wow does not have a chat window but all the others do. It had it before the last update. I have been trying to activate the chat window on that toon but it does not show up. I can move them around in the settings but it does not draw. What am I missing?

missing chat window.

Best chance would be running the installer again. For TukUI that would be "/tukui install". I guess ElvUI to be appropriate.
If it's only happening on one toon there are maybe some saved variables breaking something. If rerunning the installer doesn't suffice try deleting these.

missing chat window.

Is this for tukui?
Retail or Classic?
Classic: did you try mouseover in thw corner of the missing chat? There is a show hide button.
Classic: did you try /tukui chat install or /tukui chat reset?
Maximvs-Aszune, MaxUI