Before reporting a bug, try to do a clean re-install:
  1. Remove all entries of Tukui Client from Add/Remove Programs.
  2. Remove data folder for Tukui Client:
    • Open a Windows Explorer window (folder).
    • Type the following in the address bar and press Enter:

Code: Select all

%localappdata%
    • Find the Tukui folder and delete it.
  3. Download the latest version of the Tukui Client and install it.

Updated Elvui with Tuk Client and elv disappeared completely from my game.

Hey!

I just updated my Tuk client because elvui had an update, i update as i always do with new releases, start up the game and there is nothing left, i check my addon list and it's simply not there anymore.

Only place i still find it is in my wow folder.

Have anyone else experienced this and how (if) did you fix it? My profile is probably rip which kinda sucks.

EDIT: I reinstalled my TUK client and can't even set folder anymore.

Firstly your profile isn’t gone.
Profiles are stored in the wtf folder. Addons being removed from the addons folder don’t touch the wtf folder.

You are saying you can’t set the folder. Is this for the Tukui client? If so, you need to direct it to the wow folder (Not addons or interface)
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

This just happened to me today...exact same thing. I followed the instructions above : Before reporting a bug, try to do a clean re-install:

Remove all entries of Tukui Client from Add/Remove Programs.
Remove data folder for Tukui Client:
Open a Windows Explorer window (folder).
Type the following in the address bar and press Enter:

Code: Select all

%localappdata%

Find the Tukui folder and delete it.
Download the latest version of the Tukui Client and install it.

and it did absolutely nothing. After reinstalling the Tukui client, the result is the same. Elvui doesnt show up anywhere in game nor in my addons.

Just download ElvUI again.

The Tukui client (and what you should do if you update addons manually) removes addons, including ElvUI, before downloading again. Not sure what happened between deleting ElvUI to downloading it again, maybe the connection was lost. Anyway, just download ElvUI again.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Botanica wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 am
Just download ElvUI again.

The Tukui client (and what you should do if you update addons manually) removes addons, including ElvUI, before downloading again. Not sure what happened between deleting ElvUI to downloading it again, maybe the connection was lost. Anyway, just download ElvUI again.
I believe I have the reason why it does this. I've noticed that if you click update on another add-on while one is already being updated it deletes the whole thing and doesn't move on. I imagine that it does that if you are a supporter since you're able to update more than one at a time (I think). The first thing it does when you update an addon is delete the current installation first. If you're not a supporter it does the delete part, but doesn't move on to the update part unless there's no other update going on.