Before reporting a bug, try to do a clean re-install:
  1. Remove all entries of Tukui Client from Add/Remove Programs.
  2. Remove data folder for Tukui Client:
    • Open a Windows Explorer window (folder).
    • Type the following in the address bar and press Enter:

Code: Select all

%localappdata%
    • Find the Tukui folder and delete it.
  3. Download the latest version of the Tukui Client and install it.

Tukui removed all addons from client & folders. Only by clicking update..

Today about 20mins ago I clicked update to few qol addons that i had installed earlier this year. After some dl time msg popped to screen which said: Doesn't match Project Azilroka, maybe was installed from other site "or close to it can't recall cause woke up lil before" & then all addons vanished from the list :o :( I had Project Azilroka & all the others installed via TukUi's Installer Client so not from elsewhere.

I logged into simplified Azeroth a.k.a retail & no Elvui, No ProjectAzilroka, No Nuts and Bolts, No Shadow & Light, No BenikUi on the addons list. Confirmed it when logged into Azeroth & faced horrible outdated default interface & it's frames that are locked into their default slots 15y later :( I need to have to them restored & all the micro managing that was done to their settings. Had 3x profiles in use & all included quite a bit config. so would be really disappointing to lose all that work cause of Installer Client's Glitch :(

Kindly: Fedaygin
Last edited by Fedaygin on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tukui removed all addons from client & folders. Only by clicking update..  [Accepted Answer]

The Tukui client ALWAYS deletes the addons before updating them. (This is how it should be done if updated manually).

If something happens eith the connection between deleting and downloading again, then all you need to do is download.

The Tukui client has no access to the WTF folder where your profiles are kept. The client only has access to the addons folder where the addon is kept, not the profiles / settings.

If you are worried about losing your profiles, a game crash, computer crash while in game, not exiting the game correctly can wipe settings on all addons, keep a backup of your WTF folder. You can also export and save your ElvUI profile.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Tukui removed all addons from client & folders. Only by clicking update..

@Botanica Thanks for the reply w info in regarding this sad "move" that i made before backed up wtf folder. I was going to make a backup for it before end of this month cause of on early next month buying Sabrent Rocket 2TB M.2 SSD. Then to reinstall both Simplified & Golden Classic Azeroth client. Should've made backup of all three profiles early this month when made big changes to all. Hope they're still available & won't be overwritten if i install Elvui again via Tukui Client. So i can get all 5x addons that dl'ed via Tukui client w dl'ing them again since my WTF folder wasn't deleted? I noticed that "SavedVariables" folder still has Elvui.lua & other Elvui named file.

I visit them esp. after manually uninstalled some addon to remove residual files that are sometimes left behind. So seeing those Elvui files there must be a good thing.. :) There's also ProjectAzilroka.lua & .bak just as Elvui's, but not seeing same for BenikUi which is 2nd biggest loss after Elvui & kinda ProjectAzilroka if can't recover it with settings that had.

I'm not using Sync feature with Twitch so that option for addons deletion is ruled out. Most likely happened cause i clicked update to another one while prev. update wasn't ready yet.. Then all of them got wiped from the client's "my addons" window. If i can get all back to normal just by reinstalling all addons that mentioned above then after that i'll make backup of WTF folder. Saving it with screenies from addons list at Twitch to Usb stick, to my Mediafire cloud save site & to pocket sized handy 1TB portable drive where have stored all kinds of data. 3x locations should be enough. Always after big updates / own changes have done that :)

So if only dl'ing again via Tukui client solves this strange thing that occurred then good to know & saving this conv. to WoW's Bookmarks folder. Then step closer to deciding to donate to Elvui cause everyone working to making Elvui the best UI addon out there is doing great work. Hope there's a link that lets to choose donation amount at wanted time. It's mind boggling why Blizz still after 15y haven't given us option to resize fonts & relocate frames. Project Azilroka, Elvui, Benikui, Shadow & Light all are like gift from gaming Deities :) This writing turned out to be longer than aimed :P

Wish good rest of June for every coder & fan of these fine addons :)

Kindly: Fedaygin
´

EDIT: Couple days ago on June 19th i decided to try out the re download & launch Simplified Azeroth. Seems that it worked as everything is as they were & should be :) Today I'll make those before mentioned backup copies to few locations :) Didn't get response to questions written on this reply to Botanica, but good that went to give it a go & things worked out. Big thanks that he took time to write. Wish safe year Continuation for everyone o/
Join to Surveys grp. Help economy & be rewarded. Fill profile & be honest w answers. Twice a month can receive five euros 🧐 Good when stay more at home. https://bit.ly/3cQscQt