Before reporting a bug, try to do a clean re-install:
  1. Remove all entries of Tukui Client from Add/Remove Programs.
  2. Remove data folder for Tukui Client:
    • Open a Windows Explorer window (folder).
    • Type the following in the address bar and press Enter:

Code: Select all

%localappdata%
    • Find the Tukui folder and delete it.
  3. Download the latest version of the Tukui Client and install it.

AVG Detects Problem

Ugh, that's a ton of money. Hope you don't need to go that far :(

Actually, I've been missing a piece of info in my feedback. I've only been referring to AVG's warnings and behaviour.

Windows Defender does also complain and not want me to run the App exactly because of the lack of a signature and it only displays a Don't Run button. In order to get by it I have to click on an understated More Info link in the text and that makes the Run Anyway button appear in the Windows Defender warning dialog.

It's after that point where AVG has occasionally has been doing its thing as in the screenshot I shared. Although, the whitepanel 15-second cybersecurity deepscan (foolishly forgot to screenshot that) that was initiated for 3010 was (I think) triggered when I unzipped the download but it was very late so I could be mis-remembering. If I see that again I'll try to do a screen recording of it all and pass that along if it helps any.

While I can see how Windows Defender might complain/warn about unsigned apps, it seems odd that not having a cert would cause the anti-virus to also moan.

I don't envy you. I've not developed Windows software for many years and not under the certification regime so can't advise. If you need me to do any poking around here I could probably get hold of Visual Studio and see what I can get out of it but I'm quite rusty.

Windows Defender Detects Trojan

Blazeflack wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:58 pm
@sbowesuk You should do thatever you think is best. But I assure you, it is false positives.

@SuddenlyRobots Elv did mention to us that a change he made may have fucked something up so older versions of the client would still appear in the list of installed programs. Just uninstall all of them.
Just an update on my post yesterday, I got a message through Avast today to say the file which they examined came back clean.
I've reinstalled the latest client and have no further issue.

Thank you.