Before reporting a bug, try to do a clean re-install:
  1. Remove all entries of Tukui Client from Add/Remove Programs.
  2. Remove data folder for Tukui Client:
    • Open a Windows Explorer window (folder).
    • Type the following in the address bar and press Enter:

Code: Select all

%localappdata%
    • Find the Tukui folder and delete it.
  3. Download the latest version of the Tukui Client and install it.

TukUI Client without Retail

Couple things that I wanted to mention. TukUI Client seems to require the retail version (which seems logical), however I don't have any plans to download the retail version of WoW. Any plans/chance that requirement will be modified?

Secondly, if you don't have the retail version of the game installed it appears that you get caught in a setup loop with no way to exit without restarting your PC or ctrl+alt+del and killing the task (which seems oddly elusive when I hunted for it). Probably something you'll want to provide an exit option for at some point if the requirement for retail remains.

Note: I believe I did a search for this topic in the forums, and I checked the first couple pages for something that looked light it might be related. I didn't see anything that brought this up. I preemptively apologize if I missed it and added an unnecessary post to the forums.

@jamesdavion moving to the Tukui client section.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Do you have a rough idea of when that version will be available for download (presuming it isn't already because I download the 3230 version a couple hours ago)?

Edit: Rephrased the question.

Update your client again.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Botanica wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:26 am
Update your client again.
Downloaded 3230 from website, client won't let me proceed.

I only have _classic_ and no _retail_, also tried making a _retail_ but didn't work.

Same problem here. I "solved" it by manually creating a _retail_ subdirectory and copying the contents of the _classic_ subdirectory to it.

Once I got past the initial broken World of Warcraft directory selection on first startup, I was able to delete the _retail_ directory again and the TukUI Client would still start properly.

Also, the "Cancel" button does not work during the initial World of Warcraft directory selection.

TukUI Client without Retail  [Accepted Answer]

Sorry about that guys, Try 3250. It just checks for World of Warcraft Launcher.exe now.

If you attempt to use Retail and install an addon when retail isn't installed it will simply create the full path to retail for you even if game files aren't installed there.