Dajova's Elvui Edit | Classic + Retail Layouts

TeoDaTank wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 pm
Hey there! I just randomly found your profile while looking around at 1440P and I must say I am loving it while playing around, but I am noticing a few inconsistencies from mine to your video, and this version and Wago.

https://imgur.com/a/zTOcQF4

I've put in a few snippets there, but I notice I am struggling to have even close to the same nameplates as you, and the Wago version looks widely off compared to the forum version; Which seemed weird as the Wago link is fairly recent.

Is there anything sticking out that you might know could be the cause? The Wago one also seems to leverage a custom data text that isn't defined in the LUA I grabbed from it.

UPDATE: So I am much closer, but I am still having a lot of issues. One of the minor ones is Revan - I notice in your UI there is padding between the icon and the font, for me there isn't. I see almost no customization for Revan, though?

I was able to get nameplates to be much more accurate after a bit of customizing. I feel like some of your settings aren't importing properly, which is awkward.

Yes, the reason the forum post and the wago one differs so much is because i havent updated the video, screenshots or even the main post itself to reflect the version that is on wago. I always change small things all the time and hence the layout differs some between each iteration. That's why i put it on wago for easier tracking.

Alot of the "custom LUA" that is in the profile is from plugins that i dont use anymore. Stuff like VisualAuraTimers, Shadow & Light etc.

There is alot of customization for Raven, if you know how it works. If you've imported it properly and loaded up the correct profile, then it should be the same as the screenshots.
However, i do not use Raven anymore in the latest version (should still work perfectly fine tho, nothing has changed on that front), but i cant recall anything that would be bugged as long as you load the right profile (some ppl miss that step when importing my Raven profile, since its not just a string of code).

Im not sure which part that isnt being imported properly.... You mean the style, or..?
Twitter | Twitch

Dajova wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:20 pm
TeoDaTank wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 pm
Hey there! I just randomly found your profile while looking around at 1440P and I must say I am loving it while playing around, but I am noticing a few inconsistencies from mine to your video, and this version and Wago.

https://imgur.com/a/zTOcQF4

I've put in a few snippets there, but I notice I am struggling to have even close to the same nameplates as you, and the Wago version looks widely off compared to the forum version; Which seemed weird as the Wago link is fairly recent.

Is there anything sticking out that you might know could be the cause? The Wago one also seems to leverage a custom data text that isn't defined in the LUA I grabbed from it.

UPDATE: So I am much closer, but I am still having a lot of issues. One of the minor ones is Revan - I notice in your UI there is padding between the icon and the font, for me there isn't. I see almost no customization for Revan, though?

I was able to get nameplates to be much more accurate after a bit of customizing. I feel like some of your settings aren't importing properly, which is awkward.

Yes, the reason the forum post and the wago one differs so much is because i havent updated the video, screenshots or even the main post itself to reflect the version that is on wago. I always change small things all the time and hence the layout differs some between each iteration. That's why i put it on wago for easier tracking.

Alot of the "custom LUA" that is in the profile is from plugins that i dont use anymore. Stuff like VisualAuraTimers, Shadow & Light etc.

There is alot of customization for Raven, if you know how it works. If you've imported it properly and loaded up the correct profile, then it should be the same as the screenshots.
However, i do not use Raven anymore in the latest version (should still work perfectly fine tho, nothing has changed on that front), but i cant recall anything that would be bugged as long as you load the right profile (some ppl miss that step when importing my Raven profile, since its not just a string of code).

Im not sure which part that isnt being imported properly.... You mean the style, or..?
First off, thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking the time.

If the Wago one is more recent, I will start playing with it. I was comparing it to your video, and the screenshots and my Revan looks different, nameplate was different, I had a lot of alignment issues (Could be due to me having an ultrawide). Minor things - I will try out the Wago one and follow it's specific instructions and see how it turns out.

What are you doing with minimap icons? hiding them?

TeoDaTank wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pm

If the Wago one is more recent, I will start playing with it. I was comparing it to your video, and the screenshots and my Revan looks different, nameplate was different, I had a lot of alignment issues (Could be due to me having an ultrawide). Minor things - I will try out the Wago one and follow it's specific instructions and see how it turns out.

That's why i sectioned the versions off, so you could see which one was from older versions (or classic). Maybe it wasnt intuitive enough.
The video is from 8.1.5, latest is for 8.2.5/1.13.

I use datatexts to open the options from other addons, like minimap icons do. At least on retail.
On classic, i use PA's Minimap Button Bar.
Twitter | Twitch

Dajova wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:00 pm
TeoDaTank wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pm

That's why i sectioned the versions off, so you could see which one was from older versions (or classic). Maybe it wasnt intuitive enough.
The video is from 8.1.5, latest is for 8.2.5/1.13.

I use datatexts to open the options from other addons, like minimap icons do. At least on retail.
On classic, i use PA's Minimap Button Bar.
I grabbed your Wago one and playing around with it; Are you still supposed to use the Raven/Nameplate profiles here? I am unsure why my Revan looks so off but I'll play with it.

Also, do you not have an issue with too many nameplates in congested areas? In PvP I notice every person, and pet, has a nameplate overlapping. New to Kui but going to play around with settings to reduce it a bit.

TeoDaTank wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I grabbed your Wago one and playing around with it; Are you still supposed to use the Raven/Nameplate profiles here? I am unsure why my Revan looks so off but I'll play with it.

Also, do you not have an issue with too many nameplates in congested areas? In PvP I notice every person, and pet, has a nameplate overlapping. New to Kui but going to play around with settings to reduce it a bit.
Well, as of the latest version, i have moved away from using Raven and Kui. It's still usable, but im not gonna update my profile of it anymore.
As i said before, as long as you select the correct version in the profile tab under the Raven config (named "Default"), it should space out normally.

Kui is using what you have selected yourself in the blizzard options, so make sure you set them as well.

Code: Select all

ESC > Interface > Names
I have mine to be set to only show quest names to pop up, so try that.
Twitter | Twitch

Dajova wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:32 pm
TeoDaTank wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Well, as of the latest version, i have moved away from using Raven and Kui. It's still usable, but im not gonna update my profile of it anymore.
As i said before, as long as you select the correct version in the profile tab under the Raven config (named "Default"), it should space out normally.

Kui is using what you have selected yourself in the blizzard options, so make sure you set them as well.

Code: Select all

ESC > Interface > Names
I have mine to be set to only show quest names to pop up, so try that.
What are you moving too from Kui/Raven? I went from Plater to Kui to try out your UI. I checked your Twitch to see if I could see a recent version but no dice.

At this point I have it mostly emulating yours with some minor twears; A lot of duplicity due to VC issues (Both Raven and Elv showing buffs/debuffs for instance) but mostly I wanted to just find other peoples UIs who are most graphically inclined than I and mash good ideas together.

Atm, im using the normal elvui nameplates, since they are "stable" enough to be usable on their own, with my own filters to mostly emulate how my Kui profile does it (with name-only mode etc.).
For buff/debuff tracker, ive switched to AdiButtonAuras, that displays what i need to know on the buttons themselves. Rest are done in WA2.

My Raven profile have alot of unused groups that shouldnt be enabled by default, since they are either just for testing purposes or just redundant. Use what you want, but as i said, i am not using it anymore, for now :)
Twitter | Twitch