[Retail & Classic] GennUI

Demtri wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:45 am installer is bugged and even when you skip process it still enables the unit frame text.... when you reload your profile the installer keeps popping up when u log it
1st part is intended, Names/HP/Power Texts are intended to be that way for everyone otherwise they will be clamped up for some users or over some UI elements, also Custom Tags will not work and show [whatevertaghere] instead if i make some changes to them or make new ones.
What i meant by keeping your settings, is ALL your settings except, Texts.

Keep in mid you can still deactivate whatever you don't want, it takes seconds.

As for the second part i will investigate and see, but i don't think so.
GENN UI An ElvUI Edit.

Demtri wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:16 am is there a way i can stop the installer from poppin up evertime i log in? is there somewhere in my wtf folder or whatever i can turn that off?
Okay, i just tested multiple times, and the installer is just fine, you maybe did something odd here or there.
If you click "Skip Process" if updating or "Finish" if installing, the installer should not pop out anymore, but if u close it with the X button, it will pop every login or reloadUI, same as all ElvUI installers.

Anyways, here's a workaround until you figure out what's exactly causing YOUR problem, here's a solution:
In "\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" open ElvUI.lua with a text editor and search for "GNUI"
You should find

Code: Select all

["GNUI"] = {
				["install_version"] = "2.61",
			},
install_version should always be the same as the latest GennUI installed in your Addons Folder.
To keep it short, if u download GennUI say "3.666" and you keep getting the installer pop up, just go there and put 3.666 instead of whatever in there.
for example, as of right now you have GennUI 2.61, so in your ElvUI.lua you should have

["GNUI"] = {
			},
Please not you need to do this for all your profiles, so in your ElvUI.lua you'll find multiple times
["GNUI"] = {
},
[/code]
as many times as profiles you have, so change them all. I fyou are using the "Default" profile, witch is not recommended, then you'll change it once.
GENN UI An ElvUI Edit.

Gennoken wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:24 am
Demtri wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:16 am is there a way i can stop the installer from poppin up evertime i log in? is there somewhere in my wtf folder or whatever i can turn that off?
Okay, i just tested multiple times, and the installer is just fine, you maybe did something odd here or there.
If you click "Skip Process" if updating or "Finish" if installing, the installer should not pop out anymore, but if u close it with the X button, it will pop every login or reloadUI, same as all ElvUI installers.

Anyways, here's a workaround until you figure out what's exactly causing YOUR problem, here's a solution:
In "\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables" open ElvUI.lua with a text editor and search for "GNUI"
You should find

["GNUI"] = {
			},
install_version should always be the same as the latest GennUI installed in your Addons Folder.
To keep it short, if u download GennUI say "3.666" and you keep getting the installer pop up, just go there and put 3.666 instead of whatever in there.
for example, as of right now you have GennUI 2.61, so in your ElvUI.lua you should have

["GNUI"] = {
			},
Please not you need to do this for all your profiles, so in your ElvUI.lua you'll find multiple times
["GNUI"] = {
},
[/code]
as many times as profiles you have, so change them all. I fyou are using the "Default" profile, witch is not recommended, then you'll change it once.

oh man, all of mine were set to 2.57 :/

Hi Genn, really like the UI thanks!
I've installed Details and ran the installer to configure it with your UI. I like the style, but I would like to have the bars not all filled in like the default settings. 1st dps should be full, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th lower accordingly. I feel like I should be able to find it in the details settings, but I just can't.