Back in the saddle

Hi all! I recently came back from a WoW hiatus, and figured I'd join up, seeing new guild mates telling me to get ElvUi. So, here I am. Forgive me admins if I am doing this wrong, in all honesty I did look before posting, and after repeated attempts to make things work. I can't find ELVUI on Twitch, I downloaded and installed TukUI. WoW is installed on an ext HD, which the Tuk client isn't accepting. Again my sincerest apologies if I dragged a dead horse back into the food trough, and being new here hoping not to ruffle feathers. I really would love to try ElvUi and make gaming more fun and simple. For reference I did a full uninstall of the Tuk client. I also did a manual extract of the ElvUI download right into the WoW interface/addons folder, but...yeah. Here I am. :oops: Still won't load in game, and I have removed everything so I am starting in the basement with the cockroaches again. :lol:

Back in the saddle

"...I also did a manual extract of the ElvUI download right into the WoW interface/addons folder..."

Nope, the destination is YourGameFolder/_retail_/interface/addons.
Aaaaaaand welcome back :P
Everything I do is guareanteed 100% miskrake free

Back in the saddle

Hey Benik ;) Ok, I guess I should have explained that more thoroughly. Being the game/folders are on an ext hd (E:) that's where I just now extracted both the elvui and the config folders into. Retail/interface/addons. All my other mods are in that folder, I can see Elvui in there, staring me in the face. I loaded the game, checked my addons before popping the toon in, and everything but Elvui is showing. DBM, Silverdragon, etc etc. No Elvui. I am stumped. :? I did a direct extract with winzip (Tukui client froze the system for some strange reason and had to do hard reboot). Hmmm....

Back in the saddle

In Blizzard app, click on the small arrow beside Blizzard logo, Click 'Settings, Click 'Game Install/Update'
Check the file path. Is it the same file path as You installed ElvUI. Take a screenshot

Upload a screenshot of your addons folder showing ElvUI in there. (With the file path showing)
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Back in the saddle

The Blizzard app shows that the game is located in E:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\, so the addons folder should be E:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\_retail_\interface\addons.
Everything I do is guareanteed 100% miskrake free