Before creating a thread about any issues or errors here please read How to report S&L problems so you can provide the necessary info.

Incoming Armory update

Sup.

So there is no secret that our Armory module has been buggy as hell. To add to my immeasurable annoyance, whatever breaks it, seems to random as hell, thus I can't really see what exactly leads to the infamous blank squares and stuff. To add to it, the code for our Armory module became so cluttered and inconsistent, that we can barely read it and remember what was actually happening and what followed what. Sometimes this resulted in one little change that was suppose to move a text line 3 pixels higher was just throwing elements all over the place.

There is no secret that the armory module was made by Arstraea and ported to S&L by Repooc with the help of Arstraea with very little alterations from the original. Arstraea's style of coding is radically different from ours, thus reading it can be hard for us (if not drunk enough). After the years of updating and trying to fix everything that kept popping up, it became some patched up monster just thrown together. So rewriting everything with our style of coding will make it easier for us not only to update it but also to troubleshoot when something comes up, while keeping the general look and feel of what it should be.

We are pretty happy with how character/inspect screen looked overall, thus the basic layout should stay the same or at least very similar. Currently we "hide" blizzards character and inspect frames and make our own which duplicates everything for no reason. By duplicating a lot of the stuff required additional tooltip scanning and server requests. Some requests failed or glitched because of server throttling which messed up our gear cache, making the whole thing rebuild itself with no server data available. Frankly, doing that was not an ideal way. Considering all the data that was needed was already loaded and ready to be used, because the default frame was right under ours duh. So current plan is to just use that instead of dropping more requests => more throttling.

So for the sake of my sanity (Who cares about Repooc's? Not me!), I want to get rid of as many bugs as possible by scrapping the current armory module and just rebuild it from scratch. This should make it easier to support and stop those random, annoying, issues (in theory).

This outlines the current plan we have for this module.
  • Keep the looks as is
  • Get rid of unnecessary frames
  • Less unnecessary info calls
  • Keeping the code as simple as possible

This rewrite will take place in it's own branch in our repository hosted here at Tukui.org and will not affect any releases for the retail version. So if something critical comes up, we wouldn't need to wait until the new armory is ready to go. Some time next week we should have a stable and relatively feature complete revision for everyone willing to give it a spin and tell us if new code opens a rift in reality or something. Meanwhile if you have any ideas or requests for the new armory, you can post here.

Current version:
Download
Most of the things are in the working state. Couple of information points.
  • Inspect can't show you actual essences tooltips, due to blizz not providing info about other classes essences.
  • Missing warnings are not in yet, planning to change their looks at a later date.
  • DB conversion is not ready yet, so that will basically reset Armory to its default state. I'm thinking about just not converting old settings at all
  • Stats list alterations are not in yet
  • Inspect tabs are default for now
  • You may experience some weird sizing issues for reputation tab on character frame
Fan of maids and "sick freak"™

‹Elv›: I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
‹Darth Predator›: so don't even dare to think you are crazier than me

Incoming Armory update

Даже если модуль Оружейная отключен, то он все равно вносит свои изменения в панель со статами персонажа (StatsPane). Это и в старых версиях было и почему-то в новую, обновленную перекочевало.

Incoming Armory update

Darkout wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:22 am
и почему-то в новую, обновленную перекочевало.
В обновленную это в ту, которую в публичный релиз никто не отправлял?

Incoming Armory update

Когда будет доступна обновленная, выложу тут. Сейчас у меня некоторые трудности в реале, так что скорее всего только на следующей неделе.

Incoming Armory update

Updated the first post with download link. Stuff doesn't bug out as far as I can tell, so should be safe to test.

Incoming Armory update

Не знаю, уместное ли это место для фидбека, но напишу здесь. Обновил S&L в твич клиенте, не знал про то, что модуль будут переписывать. Слетели все настройки, но это ладно, настроил всё, но потом понял, что этим сейчас пользоваться невозможно(для меня) и откатил версию обратно. Начну с того, что у меня никогда не было багов с этим аддоном с того момента, как я его поставил 3 года назад и было удивительно узнать, что он требует переписывания, но да ладно.
1) Первое, что не понравилось - числа характеристик теперь зачем-то округлены, мне лично важно видеть сотые доли у вторичек(мам минмаксер). Плюс даже если статы влезают спокойно в окно, как на скрине, появляется ползунок(если скрыть избегание пропадает).
2) Окно осмотра: самая главная фишка этого аддона для меня была в том, что осмотр персонажа сохранялся, я мог один раз его осмотреть и сменить таргет и делать что угодно после этого, окно не пропадало. Удобно, когда можно чекать название трансмогов и гуглить параллельно. Плюс я мог осмотреть кого-то в рейде через ПКМ, не беря его в таргет. Сейчас приходится держать цель в таргете, иначе осмотр закрывается.
3) Сейчас есть баг с фоном, как в одной из ближайших тем.
4) Старое окно талантов при осмотре было намного приятнее, как минимум потому, что оно было больше и было видно названия талантов, а не просто иконки.
5) Старые иконки об отсутствии камней/чантов было лучше видно, удобнее расположение, плюс сейчас показывает иконки у офф-хендов, на которые нет чантов(на скрине я выключил это в окне персонажа) и у шеи.

Incoming Armory update

Fattalyr wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:42 pm
И, как в той тебе уже было написано, я не могу это воспроизвести. Подробности в студию.

1, 2 и 4 будет сделано. Просто ввиду того, что никто даже не подумал помочь с тестированием, я изобразил близов и зарелизил БФА оружейку с бета состоянии. Зато вот пара багов почти сразу нашлась.

Incoming Armory update

Darth_Predator wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:24 pm
Fattalyr wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:42 pm
И, как в той тебе уже было написано, я не могу это воспроизвести. Подробности в студию.
Не знаю, как я могу тут помочь. Я просто обновил аддон и этот баг сразу же проявился, возможно как-то связано со старыми настройками аддона, которые в новой версии удалили?(прозрачность фона в осмотре, например)