ElvUI questions for experienced users

I've been playing WoW for a few months now and would like to try to update the UI to be a little more modern, simple, and less cluttered. I'm considering ElvUI, but have some questions that I'm hoping more experienced users can answer:

Is it very stable? In other words, does it often break during patches?

Does it have issues when you have a lot of alts? Are you able to customize it for each alt while also reusing some elements across them?

Does it have trouble with any specific add-ons? I'm thinking things like DBM, Handynotes, Postal, XLoot, VuhDo?

Is it easy to reset back to default if there are issues?

Does it have different skins? I've only really seen the default (dark/outlines) look but curious if there were any other skins that could be easily applied without a lot of config.

If I install it, is it better to uninstall all my other add-ons and then re-install them again afterward?

Is it well documented? The Tukui website seems a little sparse and not many screenshots.

How configurable is the mini-map? I'd like to make the mini-map a larger, square, and rotatable. Is this supported?

**Edited - Removed spam links
Last edited by kepiluna2 on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElvUI questions for experienced users

Is it very stable? In other words, does it often break during patches?
Anything can break during patch day. We do have access on ptr and beta versions tho, to eliminate any issue.

Does it have issues when you have a lot of alts? Are you able to customize it for each alt while also reusing some elements across them?
You can copy profiles or even certain elements only, like e.g. the Unitframes, across your alts.

Does it have trouble with any specific add-ons? I'm thinking things like DBM, Handynotes, Postal, XLoot, VuhDo?
You should avoid using Unitframe, Actionbars, Bags replacement addons, since ElvUI creates its own. You can disable tho e.g. ElvUI Actionbars, to use Bartender. All the other addons should work fine along with ElvUI.

Is it easy to reset back to default if there are issues?
It's always wise to backup your WTF folder prior using any ui replacement addon.

Does it have different skins? I've only really seen the default (dark/outlines) look but curious if there were any other skins that could be easily applied without a lot of config.
ElvUI is fully cusomizable. You can always have a look at the Addons section, for ElvUI edits, or even at wago.io for profiles.

If I install it, is it better to uninstall all my other add-ons and then re-install them again afterward?
A good practice is to disable them (not uninstall them) and re enable them in small batches, to catch any incompatibility.

Is it well documented? The Tukui website seems a little sparse and not many screenshots.
You can check the ElvUI Addon Guide in Wowhead, join Tukui.org Discord by clicking the Chat menu above or use the forums.

How configurable is the mini-map? I'd like to make the mini-map a larger, square, and rotatable. Is this supported?
The Minimap can be resized, it's already square and can be rotatable.
Everything I do is guareanteed 100% miskrake free