Nameplates -- Only show up when I'm within 5 yards

Hello,

I've been having an issue with enemy nameplates (both enemy players and enemy npcs). The nameplates that I use only show up when I am right next to my target. Otherwise, if I am more than 5 yards away, I just see the enemy name in red font. How can i extend the distance in which I am able to see enemy nameplates?

Thank you

Outdated:
use /script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 100)
if its too much, instead of 100, try some lower values

Use:
/script SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance",'9e1')

if its too much change the value to 6e1 or 3e1
Last edited by xdrt on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

I've tried using /script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 100) but that does not work. Is there anyone who has an answer? I LOVE this addon but this is the one thing that is preventing me from using it to complete satisfaction.

Bojja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm
I've tried using /script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 100) but that does not work. Is there anyone who has an answer? I LOVE this addon but this is the one thing that is preventing me from using it to complete satisfaction.
This is a wow classic limitation.

As far as I know you cannot set the distance passed the default 20, no matter what.

Similarly to how instances don't let you affect the nameplates, there are certain things in classic that just don't work as they do in Retail.

Bojja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 pm
ElvUI doesn’t set the nameplate distance in classic.

Disable all your addons and test with the blizzard UI. Blizzard sets the nameplate load distance.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

This issue has only happened after the ElvUI 1.08 update yesterday. Now the /script SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance",'9e1') macro is failing because of an addon, the only addon i have updated is ElvUI. I believe it is somehow blocking the script.
Last edited by Lakebodom on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.