Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

ElvUI - Raid frame indicator when a raid member is targeted by a mob?

Luckyone wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 pm
/ec - UnitFrames - Raid / Raid40 - General - Threat Indicator
I go to Unit Frames - Raid - General, there I can see an option for "Threat Display Mode". I tried changing to Borders, Glow and Icon: LOCATION but nothing shows up. The only indicator that I found to be working is the one for Target: if a mob is attacking me the frame border turns red. I am using ElvUI 1.16.

Luckyone wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:27 am
Since there is no threat API in classic, its only working on party/raid/raid40 if the people in your group/raid have an addon with the LibThreatClassic library
e.g. Details! / ElvUI / Classic Threat Meter
I did a test to compare ElvUI and Luna.

Debye and Planck are engaged in combat, Planck has aggro. In the top left of the image below, Luna raid frames show a red square to indicate that Planck has aggro. In the bottom left, ElvUI frames doesn't show anything even though the "Threat Display Mode" is set to "Icon: TOP LEFT" for the raid frames. Both clients for Debye and Planck have ElvUI 1.16 installed.

Below is another image where Debye and Planck are dueling. Luna (top left) shows indicators that someone or something is attacking both players, while ElvUI (bottom left) doesn't.

Luckyone wrote:
Since there is no threat API in classic, its only working on party/raid/raid40 if the people in your group/raid have an addon with the LibThreatClassic library
That makes sense..

However, surely if I'm in a raid, and I have both details and Elvui installed, as details is a requirement for the guild runs so does probably every other person there... honestly didn't check. Could be others with elvui as well, didn't check.. BUT how does evlui not know that I'm being attacked? BUT it knows the boss I have targeted is being attacked even though I'm not attacking it (even when I'm solo my target mob that I am attacking has the red frame indicator)?! Surely there's an error in the code somewhere?

mouskad wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:25 pm
Luckyone wrote:
That makes sense..

However, surely if I'm in a raid, and I have both details and Elvui installed, as details is a requirement for the guild runs so does probably every other person there... honestly didn't check. Could be others with elvui as well, didn't check.. BUT how does evlui not know that I'm being attacked? BUT it knows the boss I have targeted is being attacked even though I'm not attacking it (even when I'm solo my target mob that I am attacking has the red frame indicator)?! Surely there's an error in the code somewhere?
agree with you.threat indicator doesn't work.
Grid2 and Lunaunitframes works well.But i still like elvui best.