Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Unable to promote/demote members in guild

Test with only ElvUI. To quickly disable all other addons type in chat in game
/luaerror on

Does it work now?

If not, type in chat in game
/estatus

And upload a full UI screenshot showing the guild panel - demote etc.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Hey, thanks for responding. I disabled everything but ElvUI, and it was working fine. From there I was able to identify the addon that was causing the issues. All sorted now, thanks a lot :) *edit* until today when it came back. only elvui active and the buttons don't work again. /estatus as below note the buttons are greyed out and cannot be clicked:-

We have not been able to replicate this.

Please manually delete ElvUI an ElvUI_OptionsUI from your addons folder and download again.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

I have removed both Elvui folders, reinstalled, and have exactly the same issue as I originally reported. At a loss as to how to resolve it, now considering other options for ui as I don't want to have to log out, disable my ui, log in, change rank, log out, renable ui, log in again just to be able to promote or demote a player in guild. :(

Just wanted to say that I get this error periodically too for seemingly no reason
I will work seamlessly for weeks, then all of a sudden it stops working

No change of addons, no updates, same version of evlui - disable elvui and it works fine, have to reinstall elvui for it to fix for a limited time then rinse and repeat

GM is having the same problem (also using elvui)

I have no idea how you would even try to replicate this to fix it :( Cause I no idea whats actually causing it.

got his error today (using the latest 1.24) when I tried to promote

Message: [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn 'ElvUI' tried to call the protected function 'GuildPromote()'.
Time: Sat Mar 7 17:47:15 2020
Count: 1
Stack: [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn 'ElvUI' tried to call the protected function 'GuildPromote()'.
[string "*:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: <none>

Hopefully that helps

Error only appears once, any further clicks results in a "crash" sounding noise

Just wanted to add that this is the first time that reinstalling Elvui did not temporarily "fix" the problem, after deleting elvui and elvui config and reinstalling I can still not promote people, same error.

Only ELVU on confirmed in estatus. (Other Addons Enabled: No)

A 2nd install did not fix the matter either - had to completely disable elvui (and only elvui) from the character selection screen to be able to promote