Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

Heal Prediction Isssue and suggestion

after seeing healprediction.lua and some testing..

1. Removed heal type filter option
now, it always shows direct heals + overtime heals (hot+channeling)

2. Prayer of Healing
Prayer of Healing is DIRECT_HEALS type by healcomm, but blizzard API not recognize it. So both can't aware of

3. My heals includes others heals. And others heals is always 0
difficult to distinguish between my heals and others heals

4. Other suggestion
In my opinion, HoT heals can be new category. Once applied, it doesn't matter who the source is.
how about divide heal color by following three?
My, Other, HoT(any source)

gwtwind wrote: after seeing healprediction.lua and some testing..

1. Removed heal type filter option
now, it always shows direct heals + overtime heals (hot+channeling)

2. Prayer of Healing
Prayer of Healing is DIRECT_HEALS type by healcomm, but blizzard API not recognize it. So both can't aware of

3. My heals includes others heals. And others heals is always 0
difficult to distinguish between my heals and others heals

4. Other suggestion
In my opinion, HoT heals can be new category. Once applied, it doesn't matter who the source is.
how about divide heal color by following three?
My, Other, HoT(any source)
Categories wont matter. When heal prediction gets fixed by Blizzard.. I'm not keeping a library to color hots a different color.

Remaining issues [Version 2.17]

1. Tranquility
Targets other than a caster are not displayed. It's a healcomm library error. Waiting for update..

2. Prayer of Healing
Prayer of Healing spell is not factored by Blizzard API. By DIRECT_HEAL from healcomm is replaced by Blizzard API, Prayer of Healing an unique exception, is not displayed now. I personally solved this by adding spell filter code in healcomm.

Think about this.
As long as healcomm is not used at all, server load is the same. healcomm always sends all heal messages regardless of filtering.

3. Others heal is 0, my heal color includes others
I don't know why changed this way.
It doesn't seem difficult to split. Here's an example

Code: Select all

local playerGUID= UnitGUID('player')
local otherOverTimeHeals = (HealComm:GetOthersHealAmount(GUID, HealComm.OVERTIME_AND_BOMB_HEALS) or 0) * (HealComm:GetHealModifier(GUID) or 1)
local myOverTimeHeals = (HealComm:GetHealAmount(GUID, HealComm.OVERTIME_AND_BOMB_HEALS, nil, playerGUID) or 0) * (HealComm:GetHealModifier(GUID) or 1)
local allDirectHeals = UnitGetIncomingHeals(unit) or 0
local myDirectHeals = UnitGetIncomingHeals(unit, 'player') or 0
local otherDirectHeals = allDirectHeals - myDirectHeals
Last edited by gwtwind on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azilroka wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 am There isn't a way to get HoT's (Heal over Time) through Blizzard API.. I would still need to keep the library even AFTER they fix the API in order to color the hots. I do not want to keep the library just to color the hots.
I see your opinion abut HoT's and healcomm.
But I'm not talking about HoT's now.
Can you tell me about Prayer of Healing bug and disappeared other's heal?

Ulcara wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:49 pm
Azilroka wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:09 am There isn't a way to get HoT's (Heal over Time) through Blizzard API.. I would still need to keep the library even AFTER they fix the API in order to color the hots. I do not want to keep the library just to color the hots.
does that mean there wont be any hots showing up in the future?
No, The API shows all healing in retail and that's what its supposed to be doing in TBC and Classic. It's bugged currently.