Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

List of issues as a guild GM

Here is a list of issues that I am experiencing with elvui in TBC classic. I have done /luaerror on and get no errors. Attached is a screenshot with estatus showing the rank buttons after clicking them and no changes. They are active when I open the window. I click the buttons, they make a sound, button goes gray, nothing happens... Some of the other issues are impossible to screen shot. All of these things go away when elvui is disabled. I have this issue on multiple computers and know several other GM's on my server with the same problems. I have done a full interface reset and it works for maybe a day...

List:
1. I can not change player ranks in the guild. As you can see in the screenshot I did it immediately after loading estatus and nothing changed. I hit both buttons.

2. If I /gkick someone nothing happens. Funny enough with guild roster manager enabled it sends a message that the player was kicked and a few seconds later another message saying they rejoined so the command is being issued to the extent that another addon picks it up.

3. If I change permissions in guild control for a rank. Either to what guild function they can do or to the guild bank tabs it appears to accept it but when you open it back up the settings haven't taken.

4. If I reload inside a raid instance with master looter enabled I get a big class colored bar down the left side of my screen. It then goes transparent but is blocking me from clicking anything under it. I have to exit the game and load back in for that to go away.

5. I sometimes lose my raid frames in a 25 man raid or a 40 man raid. This leads to me reloading and experiencing the issue above. Never happens in 5 or 10 mans.

6. Periodically I will lose my ability to master loot drops which leads to me reloading and experiencing #4. I have noticed this tends to happen when a Vortex drops. Last night in TK we didn't get a vortex and master looting worked just fine all night.

7. NOT AN ISSUE - I can /ginvite just fine always, literally the only guild function that works.

If these things won't or can't be fixed I just need to know so I can dump elvui and piece something else together. For elvui plugins I have benkui, addonskins, and fog of war. Obviously with luaerror on those are disabled.

I talked to another raid leader. The reloading issue is looking like it is a benik issue. When he switched plugins that one went away but all the rest remain.

I am also having all of these issues with guild control. The only addon I have on is Elvi and Swatter. The only Elvui skins I even have turned on are bags and action bars.

Whenever I go into the Friends/Guild window swatter throws an error for Elviu
Date: 2021-10-21 12:09:45
ID: 1
Error occured in: AddOn: ElvUI
Count: 1
Message: Error: AddOn ElvUI attempted to call a forbidden function (GuildControlSetRank()) from a tainted execution path.
Debug:
[string "=[C]"]: GuildControlSetRank()
[string "@Interface_TBC\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua"]:2503: GuildControlPopupFrame_Initialize()
[string "@Interface_TBC\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua"]:966: FriendsFrame_OnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
Locals:
None
AddOns:
Swatter, v1.13.6652 (SwimmingSeadragon)
ElvUI, v2.18
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v2.5.2.20502 <none>
(ck=63)

Then If I try to promote/demote someone I get
Date: 2021-10-21 12:10:35
ID: 2
Error occured in: AddOn: ElvUI
Count: 1
Message: Error: AddOn ElvUI attempted to call a forbidden function (GuildPromote()) from a tainted execution path.
Debug:
[string "=[C]"]: GuildPromote()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1
Locals:
None
AddOns:
Swatter, v1.13.6652 (SwimmingSeadragon)
ElvUI, v2.18
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v2.5.2.20502 <none>
(ck=63)

The only way I can make any guild changes is by disabling Elvui, making change, the re-enabling it.

I also looked at the please read before posting about "taints" and there's literally no way to disable taint logging in swatter btw.