Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

Right-clicking minimap does not open tracking menu

Version of ElvUI (use /estatus command ingame to check): 1.42

Disable all addons except the two called "ElvUI" and "ElvUI OptionsUI". Do you still experience the issue now?: yes

Disable all addons and use the default UI to make sure it is not an issue with the WoW client itself. Do you still experience the issue?: N/A, feature does not exist in default UI

Check for lua errors by using the command "/luaerror on" without quotes. Did you get an error or do you still experience the issue?: N/A

If you received an error then post it below (use the 'code' bbcode):
N/A

Please explain the issue you're having with as much detail as possible. Describe the exact steps we need to take in order to reproduce the issue.:
Previously, I could right-click on my minimap and a menu would open with options to track the location of stuff like mailboxes, repair vendors, and other NPCs. Today, this feature seems to have disappeared. Now when I right-click on my minimap I get a different menu with the options "Character Info, Spellbook & Abilities, Specialization & Talents, Chat Channels" etc. I cannot find any way to re-enable this right-click tracking menu. I found a previous thread where SexyMap interfered with this same feature (viewtopic.php?t=2106) but I don't have SexyMap or other map addons installed. I tried re-doing the setup for ElvUI and even re-downloaded the addon. Nothing fixes the problem.

Do you have any other information which might help us track down the issue?:
Not really.

We often get clues about the issue by looking at your entire UI, so please take some screenshots and add them here.:
Menu that appears after I right-click (instead of tracking menu):
minimap_issue.jpg
minimap_issue.jpg (69.17 KiB) Viewed 241 times
What my UI looks like when I tested this, with just ElvUI and ElvUI OptionsUI enabled:
WoWScrnShot_032221_030938.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032221_030938.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 241 times

So I should add an additional comment - I'm not 100% positive that tracking location of mailboxes, repair vendors, and other NPCs on minimap is even a function of ElvUI. I just assumed that it was ElvUI giving me this functionality... I noticed it because I made a new character last night and mailbox location was being tracked on my minimap, which I always turn off. So I right-clicked minimap to turn it off, and noticed I couldn't access this menu anymore.

It isn’t a function of ElvUI, it is supplied by blizzard and ElvUI puts blizzard options in the mouse click.

I would test
1. With only ElvUI - type in chat in game
/luaerror on

If you have the issue
/estatus
And screenshot (only needed if the below works)

Then test with no addons, blizzard UI - can you track the mailboxes etc? Screenshot

Upload the screenshots if different
Back up your ElvUI profile/s - ElvUI menu - Profiles - Export and save it regularly

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

sjcalise wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:30 am With no addons at all, only Blizzard UI, right-clicking the minimap just pings the minimap. Does not open the mailbox tracking menu
No, not right click - the same way as blizzard normally tracks.

I see Benik has replied - that it isn’t a feature of Classic
Back up your ElvUI profile/s - ElvUI menu - Profiles - Export and save it regularly

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Sorry everyone, I think I've figured out the menu I was referencing is supplied by the addon Questie. I did have doubts (expressed above) but I was pretty sure it was from ElvUI. Anyway, thank you for your help and I apologize for wasting your time.