Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

Action Bar #s change (including keybindings) - Repeated issue past few updates

Hello,

I'm wondering why this is happening and whether or not this is impacting anyone else. The last two updates both had a few different action bars (pages 2, 3, 5, and 6 specifically) change what they are tied to from the blizzard action bars. This includes keybindings. I've had to reconfigure each of these bars both updates and either move all of the spells/abilities to the bar that ends up in the position, or reconfigure each bar and move it to match all of the former bar settings. This is highly annoying to have to go through every update. Only the mentioned bars were impacted, but it is strange that the same numbered bars end up changing everything, including the keybindings.

Action Bar #s change (including keybindings) - Repeated issue past few updates  [Accepted Answer]

**Action bars **- the code between Retail, TBC, Classic has been synced so people can use their profiles on all three WOW versions without having to redo.

This may have changed some action bar locations for some.

You can move the action bars, `/moveui` / Toggle Anchors

Hopefully (it really should be) it is the last time needed to do this, it should work for everyone this time. Thanks for your patience.

I could be wrong but I don't think the OP is talking about location specifically.
This is the issue that is currently impacting me after updating from 1.42 to 1.43.
The keybinds and the abilities bound to the action bar are no longer showing at all.
-
Only posting this in case this is an unknown issue.

**Update:
After testing further I understand what you mean now that its not a bug just a rewrite to the following.

ElvUI 1.43:
Action Bar 5 = Bottom Right Bar
Action Bar 6 = Bottom Left Bar

Where as previously ElvUI 1.42:
Action Bar 5 = Main Bar Page 2
Action Bar 6 = Right Bar
Last edited by teh1tom on Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Botanica wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 pm Hopefully (it really should be) it is the last time needed to do this, it should work for everyone this time. Thanks for your patience.
A good change, to be sure.

However at the moment it seems there is a bug either with the importing or exporting (or both) of profiles.

After updating to 1.43, 4 of my 6 action bars were in the "wrong" spot. (Classic player). I moved them around, saved the profile. It now works great for all of my characters on that account.

When I export the profile and import to a different account, the action bars DO NOT GET MOVED to where they are supposed to be. On the other accounts that try to import a profile that was saved with 1.43 something is wrong with the mapping of action bars, or the position info is not being either written to or read from the profile export data, or both.

Thanks for this amazing addon! Hopefully this bug report is helpful.

teh1tom wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:34 pm I could be wrong but I don't think the OP is talking about location specifically.
This is the issue that is currently impacting me after updating from 1.42 to 1.43.
The keybinds and the abilities bound to the action bar are no longer showing at all.
-
Only posting this in case this is an unknown issue.

**Update:
After testing further I understand what you mean now that its not a bug just a rewrite to the following.

ElvUI 1.43:
Action Bar 5 = Bottom Right Bar
Action Bar 6 = Bottom Left Bar

Where as previously ElvUI 1.42:
Action Bar 5 = Main Bar Page 2
Action Bar 6 = Right Bar
Nail/head. I play Classic (hence posting in this specific forum), in case that was in question. My Elvui bars were all in the same position, with the same Elvui bar# being used after the update. However, the contents of the bars specified in my original post were not correct as they were prior to the update (keybindings and spell/abilities within each bar having been swapped between the four bars). I had to essentially change the positions for the flipflopped bar pairs and reconfigure each to display as per my preferences. I run a pretty custom bar configuration, so depending on how I attempted to fix them, it was a bit involved. Either way, it's corrected now...but it's a bummer having to mess with that and I didn't see any indication as to why it was occurring.

Botanica wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 pm **Action bars **- the code between Retail, TBC, Classic has been synced so people can use their profiles on all three WOW versions without having to redo.

This may have changed some action bar locations for some.

You can move the action bars, `/moveui` / Toggle Anchors

Hopefully (it really should be) it is the last time needed to do this, it should work for everyone this time. Thanks for your patience.