Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

[ElvUI] Classic - FAQ and Quick Guides [Updated for 1.24][03/04/2020]

Frequently Asked Questions and quick guides about ElvUI Classic

Use CTRL + F to search for keywords (Nameplate, UnitFrames, Happiness, ...)

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Q: Current version of ElvUI Classic?
The current version is 1.24 | Download link & Changelog: https://www.tukui.org/classic-addons.php?id=2
Please check your version number on top of /ec or /estatus against the most recent version!

My ElvUI doesn't load / I can't open my ElvUI options / ElvUI broken after update
Don't install AddOns while WoW is running. WoW doesn't register addon changes until you exit the game and restart it.
Make sure to have the Classic version of ElvUI installed. Open the ElvUI.toc file in the ElvUI folder and check for ## Interface: 11302
Check the capitalization of your ElvUI folders, case matters: "ElvUI" and "ElvUI_OptionsUI"

How can I add _____ to frame _____?
Open your ElvUI menu and click on Available Tags. Those are all tags you can use in Text Format / Custom Texts.
All Tags are sorted in categories and have a description what they do.

Q: Can I use my retail profile in Classic?
Yes you can! Just export your retail profile ( /ec • Profiles • Export Profile • Export Now) and import it
in ElvUI Classic ( /ec • Profiles • Import Profile • Import Now ) and you are good to go.

Q: Do you have an ETA on things not yet implemented for Classic?
There is no ETA on anything, these things take time!

CHAT QUESTIONS

Q: How can I add more chat windows?
Rightclick your "General" tab • Create New Window • Set Name • Accept

Q: Can I get more chat windows attached to the right panel?
No, you can only have one dock. Blizzard doesn't support 2 docks.
You can only use 1 window on the 2nd dock.

CLASSIC FEATURES

Q: How can I see the happiness of my pet on my hunter?
Use either [happiness:full] or [happiness:icon] or [happiness:discord] as a custom tag
Set it up here: /ec • UnitFrames • Pet • Custom Texts • Create Custom Text • Type "Happiness Pet" • Add one of the tags in the "Text Format" field.

Q: How do I display numbers other than percentages on mobs?
Go to UnitFrames • Target • Health and replace your "Text Format" with [health:current]
You can do the same for enemy NPC nameplates: NamePlates • Enemy NPC • Health • "Text Format": [health:current]

Q: Is there a built-in weapon swing timer or enemy swing timer in ElvUI?
No, we suggest to use a simple progress bar WeakAura or a lightweight AddOn for this feature.

Q: How do I use the abilities of a mindcontrolled enemy?
The mind control and possess bar is your pet bar. Make sure to enable it at ActionBars • Pet Bar

Q: My quest tracking does not track all my quests, any fix?
Not all quests gets tracked automatically in WoW Classic, even with enabled "Automatic Quest Tracking"

UNITFRAME QUESTIONS

Q: What are those little squares on my UnitFrames?
BuffIndicators for your class buffs, hots and shields. You can edit them here:
Filters • Select Filter • BuffIndicator • Select Spell

Q: How can I disable / enable text (durations) on my Buff Indicators?
Filters • "Select Filter" • BuffIndicator • "Select Spell" • Spell Name & Rank • Display Text

Q: I can't see most debuffs / buffs on my frames, how to show them again?
There is two options. Min and Max duration or your filter priority.
UnitFrames • Individual Units / Group Units • Buffs/Debuffs • Filters • Min/Maximum Duration • Set to 0
UnitFrames • Individual Units / Group Units • Buffs/Debuffs • Filter Priority • Right-click them to remove
If you want to see all debuffs, you need to remove (right-click) all filters for the frame.
How to set up Filters (Guide): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

Q: How can I re-enable the energy ticks and mp5 ticks?
Enable UnitFrames • Player • Power • Energy/Mana Regen Tick

NAMEPLATE QUESTIONS

Q: How can I increase my nameplate distance in Classic?
You can't increase it in Classic. Blizzard locked them to 20 yards max.

Q: I have only default Blizzard nameplates for friendly units in instances, any fix for this?
Blizzard controls friendly nameplates in dungeons and raids. Addons can't touch them.

Q: My non-target nameplates are faded or don't show at all, where can I edit that?
Step 1: NamePlates • General Options • Reset CVars
Step 2: NamePlates • Style Filter • Select Filter • (1) ElvUI_NonTarget • Actions • Alpha • Set to -1

STYLE FILTER SETUP

How to make Tanking Plates with Style Filters:
- ElvUI • NamePlates • Style Filter • Select Filter
- Enable "ElvUI_TankNonTarget" and "ElvUI_TankTarget"
If you already modified them, and they are not working, reset them to default.

How to make a Style Filter for civilian NPCs:
- Create a new Style Filter at NamePlates • Style Filter • Name it Civilian
- Triggers • Unit Conditions • Enable Unit is Civilian
- Actions • Health • Enable Color Health and set a color for civilian NamePlates

MINIMAP QUESTIONS

Q: My minimap buttons are broken, any fix?
If your minimap addon buttons are in the middle of your minimap, or reset after every restart, you are probably out of date.
Update to the latest version.

Q: Is there an option to make minimap buttons look better?
You can try out the plugin ProjectAzilroka: https://www.tukui.org/classic-addons.php?id=8
Enable "Square Minimap Buttons" • Go to "Square Minimap Buttons" settings in the main menu • Enable Bar • reload your UI
You can edit the bar in the same menu (size, spacing, buttons per row, grow direction) and move the bar with /moveui

NOT AVAILABLE IN CLASSIC
- Bag assignment for item types
- Role Icon for UnitFrames
- Focus target frame
LuckyoneUI Community Discord: https://discord.gg/xRY4bwA