Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Information above target

Trying to get this on all my chars in Classic. I have it on one char but cannot figure out where it is located. All my retail chars have Have SS but unable to post it

Disable all addons except the two called "ElvUI" and "ElvUI OptionsUI". Do you still experience the issue now?: [your answer here] did

Disable all addons and use the default UI to make sure it is not an issue with the WoW client itself. Do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]done

Check for lua errors by using the command "/luaerror on" without quotes. Did you get an error or do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]

If you received an error then post it below (use the 'code' bbcode):
[your error here]no

Please explain the issue you're having with as much detail as possible. Describe the exact steps we need to take in order to reproduce the issue.:
[your information here] trying to get bar above targets. Have it on one char but cannot figure out where to change it

Do you have any other information which might help us track down the issue?:
[your text here]no

We often get clues about the issue by looking at your entire UI, so please take some screenshots and add them here.:
[your image(s) here]Version of ElvUI (use /estatus command ingame to check): [your answer here]

Disable all addons except the two called "ElvUI" and "ElvUI OptionsUI". Do you still experience the issue now?: [your answer here]

Disable all addons and use the default UI to make sure it is not an issue with the WoW client itself. Do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]

Check for lua errors by using the command "/luaerror on" without quotes. Did you get an error or do you still experience the issue?: [your answer here]

If you received an error then post it below (use the 'code' bbcode):
[your error here]

Please explain the issue you're having with as much detail as possible. Describe the exact steps we need to take in order to reproduce the issue.:
[your information here]

Do you have any other information which might help us track down the issue?:
[your text here]

We often get clues about the issue by looking at your entire UI, so please take some screenshots and add them here.:
[your image(s) here]

Information above target

Upload the screenshot to an image sharing website like imgur or upload it here via the services menu.

I’m not sure what you are referring to.

It might be an idea just to delete the question you haven’t answered. There is a lot of text up there to go through with not much information.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Information above target

I’m not sure what you are showing on the screenshot and if that is how it looks or it is how you want it to look.

Is it the nameplate? The red bar with the white arrows?

If so, they are blizzard settings, not ElvUI’s

To toggle between names and nameplates the default blizzard keybinds are
V for enemy
Shift v for friendly
Ctrl v for all.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Information above target

Botanica wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 am

Is it the nameplate? The red bar with the white arrows?

If so, they are blizzard settings, not ElvUI’s

To toggle between names and nameplates the default blizzard keybinds are
V for enemy
Shift v for friendly
Ctrl v for all.

Information above target

The red line and the information above is a Nameplate. If nameplate are toggled off, names show. To toggle between the two is the information I gave above.

Upload a screenshot of how it looks on your other toons.