Forum Rules:
Before creating a thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

ElvUI high cpu usage in combat, but only for one profile

The issue is with the WoW client itself. The event system is bugged and fires off events way more than it should, and each loading screen you experience has the potential to make it worse. Since ElvUI reacts to the events that are triggered, having them trigger more than necessary will lead to higher use of resources and eventually to fps drops.

It is an issue that has to be fixed in WoW itself and they are working on fixes for PTR 8.1.5. Hopefully it will all be fixed in the next patch when it goes live.
Until then, doing a full relog (log out, log in) will fix the broken events. If you do that right before a raid then you should be fine for a while. If you start noticing issues then do another full relog next time there is a small window of opportunity for it.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

What I don't understand, is why my fps drops only when I'm playing Shadow Priest. If I'm Holy or Disc, with the same profile, I can raid and do dungeons with no issue whatsoever. But I try playing Shadow, I get 1-3 fps when player's health starts to move. Not on any other character that I play do I get this fps issue - but I haven't played on my Balance Druid as others have said.

Impossible to say, as we don't have info about how the bugged event system affects other areas. All we know is that having a massive amount of events fire instead of just one, will result in a massive amount of "updates" on our side instead of just a single update. This all leads to increased resource usage.

I have discussed your issues with the team and we believe that a change we made to work around some issues with the bugged event system may have caused this regression in performance. Specifically we tied the event UNIT_AURA to health updates in order to fix an issue where health would either stop updating completely or show wrong info.

The reason it seems to hit fps for some classes would have to be in the way their combat is designed. They rely heavily on dots and as such the UNIT_AURA event is probably firing so much that it causes the health updates to tank fps. We will likely revert this change in order to fix this fps issue, but we're still discussing it as we would like to be able to work around the bugged health events too.

Stay tuned.