Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

Enemy NamePlates not working.

I can't get enemy NamePlates to work no matter what I do. Every other NamePlate works for friendly players, friendly NPC, and enemy NPC. I checked Blizzard's settings and I do have this enabled. I got rid of the keybind to turn off/on a while because reasons. I have tried resetting the CVars, and nothing. The enemy NamePlates just don't want to show up. I also tried to download Platter as an alternative, but I run into the same problem there. Does anyone know a solution to this first WoW problem?

What are showing instead - names? Without much information/screenshot - am only guessing.

If names are showing, you will need to bind a key to toggle them back on.

If you want to toggle between names and nameplates

Not an ElvUI/ Tukui setting. It is a blizzard toggle.
V for enemy
Shift V for friendly
Ctrl v for all

These are the default blizzard keybinds to toggle between names and nameplates. If you have changed the keybinds you will have to check the blizzard keybind section.

Hello,
ELVUI is very good and i really like it, but I have the same Problem. I have many LUA messages.
I made 2 Pictures, but i cant insert them here.
The message is something like:
Interface\AddOns\Elvui\Modules\Nameplates\Nameplates.lua:845 : Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an addon.

Stack: (same place) lua:845: Attempt to access fprbidden object from code tainted by addon.

The other message is the same but another stack:

[string"=[C]"]: in function "OnNamePlateAdded"

[string "interface\addons\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua"]:56:in funktion (same place) .lua:47> and so on

I do not want to deaktivate the ELVUI Nameplatemodul, but at this place have to, because i can´t fix this.

I deleted WTF, I reinstallt WOW SL i renewed ELVUI 12.24 but nothing helped.

And i´m sorry for this very bad english. Tried to do my best

Holly wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:17 am Hello,
ELVUI is very good and i really like it, but I have the same Problem. I have many LUA messages.
I made 2 Pictures, but i cant insert them here.
The message is something like:
Interface\AddOns\Elvui\Modules\Nameplates\Nameplates.lua:845 : Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an addon.

Stack: (same place) lua:845: Attempt to access fprbidden object from code tainted by addon.

The other message is the same but another stack:

[string"=[C]"]: in function "OnNamePlateAdded"

[string "interface\addons\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua"]:56:in funktion (same place) .lua:47> and so on

I do not want to deaktivate the ELVUI Nameplatemodul, but at this place have to, because i can´t fix this.

I deleted WTF, I reinstallt WOW SL i renewed ELVUI 12.24 but nothing helped.

And i´m sorry for this very bad english. Tried to do my best
The issue you have is different to the OP, please create a new thread, (with the information posted below) not on someone else’s thread. It makes troubleshooting easier.

Please type in chat in game `/luaerror on` and test. If you still have the issue, type in chat in game `/estatus` and upload a full UI screenshot showing the issue and status panel.

You need to upload the screenshots to an image sharing website like imgur and link them here.