Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Combat Log chat frame issue

Hi, after update 10.86 it seems that the "My actions" and "What happened to me?" subsection of the Combat Log chat frame are experiencing issues. They keep anchoring to the "General" chat frame instead of anchoring to the Combat Log chat frame as per normal.

Please test with only ElvUI, to quickly disable all other addons type in chat in game
/luaerror on

Upload a full UI screenshot of the issue.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

EZT wrote: Hi, after update 10.86 it seems that the "My actions" and "What happened to me?" subsection of the Combat Log chat frame are experiencing issues. They keep anchoring to the "General" chat frame instead of anchoring to the Combat Log chat frame as per normal.
having the same issue after updating.

zoolian wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 am
EZT wrote: Hi, after update 10.86 it seems that the "My actions" and "What happened to me?" subsection of the Combat Log chat frame are experiencing issues. They keep anchoring to the "General" chat frame instead of anchoring to the Combat Log chat frame as per normal.
having the same issue after updating.
Then you will still need to follow the instructions above.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Run through the chat and cvars part of the install only (skip all other parts of the install). This will reset the chat to default.

Make sure "Lock Position" is enabled in the chat settings in the ElvUI config.

Test also with no addons, just the blizzard UI.

Botanica wrote: Run through the chat and cvars part of the install only (skip all other parts of the install). This will reset the chat to default.

Make sure "Lock Position" is enabled in the chat settings in the ElvUI config.

Test also with no addons, just the blizzard UI.
after resetting chat settings, i tried to move the log info to the right window, the my actions bar still remains anchored to the left window. Using default blizzard UI doesnt have the same issue
Last edited by polygon on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

How is it with no addons? Just the blizzard UI.

Please follow and answer all the questions to help resolve this as quickly as possible.

Botanica wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:38 am
How is it with no addons? Just the blizzard UI.

Please follow and answer all the questions to help resolve this as quickly as possible.
default ui works fine