Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Nameplate Known Issues / Planned Features

Alright, Lets get this party started. There is something's that we didn't get crammed into the release but I assure you we are working on getting them back into NamePlates.

There has been several quality of life improvements with the new nameplates. ElvUI team and the oUF team has been putting in quite a few hours in improving both addons to support the rigorous NamePlate improvements. Personally I have been working with ls- from the oUF team for a couple months building the new NamePlates. We merged them into Development around 2 weeks ago so the ElvUI team as a whole could tweak and test them with a few other coders for this release.

The list of things we are currently working on that didn't make it. (I know. I'm sorry)

Known Issues
  • Cutaway Health -> Cutaway Health / Power (This one is pushed down as the functionality of the others are far more important but it's still coming back)

Planned Additions:
  • Auras -> Single Header (Buffs & Debuffs)
However... Alot of things was added that was not in before.

8.1.5 Features: PvP Classification Indicators [ Carts | Flags | Orbs | Assassin Bounties ]

Tags / Sizing / Position / Offsets / Fonts on every element.
Occlusion Checks (No more seeing enemies through floors/walls)

If you want a complete text only nameplate. It's capable.

Complaint / Suggestion Box is below. :D

Edited by Botanica -

To change the nameplate health percent etc, you can use this guide viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6 (it is the same as what is used for Unitframes )

what do you mean by "auras: single header"? will i be able to combine buff and debuff icons into one container similar to NameplateAuras addon because that would be nice. I usually only show very specific whitelisted buffs and debuffs so having them separated doesnt make much sense and takes up unnecessary space.

kheath812 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:29 am
what do you mean by "auras: single header"? will i be able to combine buff and debuff icons into one container similar to NameplateAuras addon because that would be nice. I usually only show very specific whitelisted buffs and debuffs so having them separated doesnt make much sense and takes up unnecessary space.
Yup

Hey, I'm lovin the new nameplate style, but the one thing I don't like is how transparent the nameplates of your non targeted targets are. I can't really tell how many things are attacking me, or the debuffs i put on them. Are there any plans to put an option in to disable that or increase their opacity?

tehwongway wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:30 pm
Hey, I'm lovin the new nameplate style, but the one thing I don't like is how transparent the nameplates of your non targeted targets are. I can't really tell how many things are attacking me, or the debuffs i put on them. Are there any plans to put an option in to disable that or increase their opacity?

Nameplate - general. Non targeted Alpha.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

tehwongway wrote:
Under the General Options there should be a slider called "Non-Target Alpha", this should change it.
Azilroka wrote: Scale: Target / Threat -> Scale / Size (We are trying both but it has to play nice with StyleFilters)
Is this the (currently greyed out) "Use Target Size" checkbox? (which should make the targetted nameplate bigger if i understand this right?)

Oh well, settings are gone, we have been warned. Yet there are some issues I cannot seem to be able to figure out by myself.

1) How do I set up friendly name plates (player and npcs) to only show character name unless it's my target when I want to show hp bar,hp bar text, level and the rest of fancy stuff as well?
1a) Why are most options in Nameplates > Style Filter disabled? Specifically "Name only", "Hide frame" and "Scale".

2) How do I hide all the 100% numbers from units with full hp. Want the number shown only when it's not 100%. Also want to change the format of number to "missing hp / max hp (xy%)". Sure there is a field for this. I, however, have 0 clue on what to type in as the field is missing tooltip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
M.

Edit: 1b) The alpha filter also appears to be bit weird. My filter is set up as:
- unit type > friendly npc unit
-filter priority 1
- alpha 0
The unit frames are still visible with 100% alpha on /reload and random (its not 100%, its not 0) alpha when turning camera around/moving or such. Then when I click either of them and all are suddenly gone. New ncps spawned / new nameplates rendered are again with "random" alpha

Edit2: I've just read known issues more carefully and can't facepalm enough.
Last edited by Maslenka on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Botanica wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm
tehwongway wrote:

Nameplate - general. Non targeted Alpha.
For anyone having issues here - for me this required a /reload to update the Non-targeted Alpha.