Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Nameplate Known Issues / Planned Features

necter wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Overall, nameplates look great. Small bugs that I am confident you will work out soon.. one of which, quick survey did not see it posted yet but apologize if it has been addressed:

Enemy Player Frame -- Portrait cannot be hidden and the options to resize the PVP indicators does not seem to be working.

Also, the previous version of the Elite icon for NPC frame I felt "fit" better with the frame, maybe because these are now two separately manageable units now, I've been able to adjsut it to look similar to previous but just my two cents.

Thanks, again, overall big upgrade over previous.
Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind posting posting a bug report for each bug you experience? You can find a link in my signature below. Feel free to create a feature request if you have something you want differently regarding elite units.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Guar wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Nobody mentioned that npc titles are no longer an option? I think it used to be in the general nameplates settings
Also missing the option to only show names for npcs that are interactible
Happy the classbar on enemies is back but (assuming there are) where are the options for it?

Overall and besides the current issues I like the new look, great work
Thanks for your feedback.

1. Nameplates were rewritten from scratch and all functionality has not been ported yet. Give it a little time and then submit a feature request if things are still missing.
2. See above.
3. Options for classbar is probably residing in the "Player Frame" section of the NamePlates config.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Blazeflack wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm
ausecours wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/539 ... 8d_jpg.htm

how can i remove the combo points bar? and why do i have this when i rightclick on my charackter in the middle of my screen?
its the same window when i rightclick on my nameplate except it is in the middle of the screen when i click on the charackters "head"
1. Check the "Player Frame" section of the NamePlates settings. I believe the classbar setting resides there.
2. It was a bug that has been fixed in v11.04
thx 4 the quick answer, but i am on 11.05 and still have the point 2. problem ^^

Level Text is missing the Option for Left or Right Position, like Health has for example.
Also "Dispellable" should be a default Filter on the Enemy NPC Frames.
Last edited by FourOne on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razex wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:24 pm
There is no longer any option for X-offset for buffs and debuffs. Other than the small things that I'm sure will be fixed over time, I really like this new update!
^ This! Been looking me blind for this setting for the past hour. If possible I would love an x-offset or that the buffs and debuffs followed when you change the width of the health.

I've seen it mentioned that there is a way to hide nameplates completely that are behind walls etc. Is this by using the LOS alpha changes and setting the alpha so these frames are invisible (in which case they would still be clickable) or is this another planned feature? I only ask as I have been hoping and praying for a fix to this for so long. So far I like this update and can see the massive potential here. I am of course very much hoping that style filters will be back soon though as they represent an extremely powerful toolset. Awesome work!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the threat colours on nameplates don't seem to work for me.

Even with both threat and tanked colour turned on, they don't seem to function correctly. The tanked colour doesn't appear (most of the time) when my co-tank is tanking, it still shows as green so its annoying to tell who is tanking a mob using the nameplates (using the default threat colours). The transition colours seem to take too long to show and fade out as well and sometimes, even when I'm tanking the mobs, the colour shows as red for bad. Additionally I can't change the choice of tanking colours, I can select another colour but then it instantly resets.

Appreciate any help!