Profiles?

I love the addon but is there a way to install a profile from someone that has it setup just like I want it? It's just a pain setting up all the different settings and whatnot.

Thanks.

Profiles?

The only thing I can think of is that this person shares his Tukui.lua file from the SavedVariables folder. You then put that file in your own SavedVariables folder which should give you access to all his profiles, which you can then copy using the tukui ingame commands.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Profiles?

There is a command to copy profiles to another character.

Code: Select all

/tukui profile list
There will be a list of profiles with their character associated to it. Just type the profile number you want to use.

Code: Select all

/tukui profile 1
You can also enable global config in the in game option if you use the same profile for every characters, which will use a global profile for all toons. However you may need to configure it from the start if you have never activated it.
Don't commit on master when drunk.

Profiles?

You have to keep in mind that even if you have copy/pasted their files into yours for their UI, their screen resolution may be smaller or bigger than yours, so you'll have to adjust that.
Addons are a big part of everyone's UI, even if they are just addons like Bartender.
If you want your bars like said person, you need to make sure you've installed the correct addons that said person is using. Just a tip as well, some addons can't be found on Curse, so you may have to Google the name of the addon and unzip it into your addon folder. :)

Profiles?

i've always just used the share profile button in-game. you can find that in the profile section, target the player you want to share with and click it. it has to be accepted by the target.

is this no longer a feature? been a while since i bothered with it.

edit: this is the way it is in ElvUI. pardon if it doesn't apply here.

Profiles?

You can extract a string from which you can get the entire profile from.
I remember it being on the bottom in ElvUI, I don't have the game installed at the moment so I remember vaguely.

Profiles?

Mevonis wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:41 pm
You can extract a string from which you can get the entire profile from.
I remember it being on the bottom in ElvUI, I don't have the game installed at the moment so I remember vaguely.
This thread is for Tukui, not ElvUI.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.