Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

[ElvUI] Unitframe Custom Tags

Jalopy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 am
Would be nice to see this system be made both completely modular (can string together each tag separately in its own right) and made default into ElvUI.
Impossible to do with the way it was coded into oUF. I assume you wanted something like PitBul has with its dogtags.

Unlikely to be included in ElvUI. There is a reason they are in a separate addon.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Yea that's what I was saying, since TellMeWhen uses the dogtag system as well. Would be nice at least to see them fully modular within the addon itself, if that's possible at least. As of now they seem to only work in the preset configurations.

There is no way to have them modular like that. oUF tags are hardcoded to display something specific and it is not possible to mix and match tags to change the displayed text.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Just found out about Custom Texts after having used ElvUI for probably 7 years and decided to try some of the custom tags listed in posts #2 and #3. Honestly, I didn't try every one, but not 1 of the 10 or so I tried is working. All I end up with is the custom tag listed on my nameplate. Am I doing something wrong or were these broken somehow?