Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

[ElvUI] Unitframe Custom Tags

Blazeflack wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:17 pm
@Gennoken There is no option to do that.
I know, but how can i edit the ElvUI.lua to do so ? cuz when I had the Skullflow's ElvUI Edit, the K M B were in lowercase, so it is possible with custom lua code i guess
GENN UI An ElvUI Edit.

@Gennoken please post in the lua section of the website for help with code.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Looking to do the following:

[health:percent] = not show dead
[health:current] = not show dead.

I use the [status] tag and i do not need to see dead on every hp related text.

I downloaded this and extracted it to my addons folder but when I login it doesn't show up and I can't make use of the custom tags.
I checked under addons in game and under plugins in ElvUi but there's nothing.

I'm about as technical as a cucumber so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Kaylai wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:22 pm
I downloaded this and extracted it to my addons folder but when I login it doesn't show up and I can't make use of the custom tags.
I checked under addons in game and under plugins in ElvUi but there's nothing.

I'm about as technical as a cucumber so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
Make sure you placed the "ElvUI_CustomTags" folder in the AddOns folder, and not a folder with a different name which contains the correct folder.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

Thank you, you made me look again!
When I extracted the folder it saved itself as "ElvUI_CustomTags-master-38e20b67dec7b62301070139feb013f804f5ebc" in my AddOns folder, I just took out the "ElvUI_CustomTags" folder and now it's working like a charm!

Hi everybody, i'm french so i'm sorry if it's hard to understand me. I have downloaded the file Elvui_CustomTags and unpack in file "AddOns", but in game, when i write for example "[health:percent:hidefull]", the tag doesn't work. What i have to do for the tag works. Thank you for help me.

Sorry for the double post, i had the same problem that Kaylai, so i explain for frenchs :

J'ai rencontré un souci et je trouve que c'est intéressant de le partager avec les français qui vont lire le sujet. Lorsque vous décompressez le fichier faites attention de bien décompresser "ElvUI_CustomTags" qui se trouve à l'intérieur de "ElvUI_CustomTags-master-38e20b67dec7b62301070139feb013f804f5ebc", je n'avais pas compris la réponse de Kaylai, jusqu'à ce que je fasse la tentative^^

And thank you Blaze for your post :)