Forum Rules:
You may only create a new thread here if you have created a guide on how to do something with ElvUI. Do not create a thread here if you just want to ask how to do something.

[Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide

Immortalcrux wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 am
What is the new way to shorten the hp value?

Mine is currently [curhp] - [perhp<%].

Which displays as 200000 - 100%.

I would like the current value shortened to 200k.

https://imgur.com/nYfpm0F
Did you look at the examples in the health section.

You can try
[health:current] to see if that is the tag you want.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Botanica wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:36 am
Immortalcrux wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:31 am
What is the new way to shorten the hp value?

Mine is currently [curhp] - [perhp<%].

Which displays as 200000 - 100%.

I would like the current value shortened to 200k.

https://imgur.com/nYfpm0F
Did you look at the examples in the health section.

You can try
[health:current] to see if that is the tag you want.
I wasn't sure on whether to put that in its own set of brackets. But yeah I should have tried that. Spaced out i guess.

Yes, that is what i needed. Thank you very much.

sgthotrod wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 pm
I can't seem to figure out how to create a custom text size for my Cast bar. I can do it for my name and my health but not the cast bar. Any ideas?
There isn’t an option for that.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

Hello.
I'm trying to get a number showing the combo points I currently have on my Feral Druid, However I can't seem to be able to do it.

I've created a new "custom text" and added a simple tag just to try. I've added [name] - [power:current] and fair enough it showed "Apocapt - 14.5k" (my name and my mana, or if i'm in cat form it shows my energy amount)

I've tryed [classpower:current] and then [altpower:current] but it doens't show anything (I've tested with some combo points and nothing shows) I even tried the "max" variation of classpower and altpower but no luck. Nothing shows up.

apocalipsus wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:55 pm
Hello.
I'm trying to get a number showing the combo points I currently have on my Feral Druid, However I can't seem to be able to do it.

I've created a new "custom text" and added a simple tag just to try. I've added [name] - [power:current] and fair enough it showed "Apocapt - 14.5k" (my name and my mana, or if i'm in cat form it shows my energy amount)

I've tryed [classpower:current] and then [altpower:current] but it doens't show anything (I've tested with some combo points and nothing shows) I even tried the "max" variation of classpower and altpower but no luck. Nothing shows up.
Hey man rather than power/altpower/classpower use the tag cpoints.

Does anyone know of a way to make custom text that shows the name of your target's target?

Hey guys.

Im trying to make custom text frame for DK runes. So far i know that [runes] shows number of runes "6", which is fine, however when i log on any other charracter that is not DK this text just shows "0"

Is there any way to make runes number to show only on DK and turned off on other classes?