Forum Rules:
You may only create a new thread here if you have created a guide on how to do something with ElvUI. Do not create a thread here if you just want to ask how to do something.

How to Two-pixel borders  [Accepted Answer]

after 11.03 you can open `init.lua` and change `self.twoPixelsPlease = false` to `self.twoPixelsPlease = true` ;)
it's secret option for you 2 pixel lovers. dono if i'll ever make this a real setting though cause of border issues.. >x<

edit: this isn't a part of 11.03 but in 11.04 it will exist, if you are reading this on 11.03 go update to dev to use it. border color works too :)

How to Two-pixel borders

RAMBLINGMANJONES wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am
I know this isn't a major priority and I'm very happy that you've even included a setting in the LUA for us 2 pixel border fans, but I do have to ask are nameplate thick borders (see below) expected behaviour at the moment?

the 2 pixel = true setting has literally never worked properly for me, but changing lines 51-59 in toolkit.lua from "edgesize" to "2" works for everything.

How to Two-pixel borders

Hi there,

is "the 2 pixel = true setting has literally never worked properly for me, but changing lines 51-59 in toolkit.lua from "edgesize" to "2" works for everything." a supported way to change the border size? Will this setting be overwritten within an update of ElvUI?
I've just change the lines in the toolkit.lua and it worked perfectly. Now ElvUI is even more beautiful!!! <3

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Dominik

How to Two-pixel borders

dherzog wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:44 pm
Hi there,

is "the 2 pixel = true setting has literally never worked properly for me, but changing lines 51-59 in toolkit.lua from "edgesize" to "2" works for everything." a supported way to change the border size? Will this setting be overwritten within an update of ElvUI?
I've just change the lines in the toolkit.lua and it worked perfectly. Now ElvUI is even more beautiful!!! <3

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Dominik
Absolutely it will be overwritten. You are changing the files in the ElvUI file. When you update, any changes you make within the ElvUI file (code) will be written over to the new ElvUI file.

When you change things within the ElvUI menu in game (make profiles) these are in the WTF folder (not touched when updating)
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

How to Two-pixel borders

Hi Botanica,

thanks for the reply.
Ok, then everything works as expected.
Well...at least there' s no option in the ingame GUI to change the pixel / border size. So for now I have to change config file after every update. ;)

Kind regards,
Dominik