Forum Rules:
You may only create a new thread here if you have created a guide on how to do something with ElvUI. Do not create a thread here if you just want to ask how to do something.

[Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide

Stefanakiss wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:51 am
Hi there guys!
New member of the ElvUI community ! I see all these codes for the unitframes , but I have no idea where I have to put them? Is it in the folder of the UI itself , and if you can give a directions that would be really appreciated
There is a guide at the start of this thread. Here is a guide which shows adding pet happiness in classic. Same concept, just choose the Unitframe and tag you want viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7353
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

I like everything about it so far except a MAJOR flaw. Click on an enemy and the name is just a percent bar and arrows. No health value. No rare or elite tag. Nothing. Spent almost 6 hours in every setting trying to turn it back on like in the standard UI. Couldn't figure it out. Sorry guys but uninstalled.

Shadesofgrey wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:08 am
I like everything about it so far except a MAJOR flaw. Click on an enemy and the name is just a percent bar and arrows. No health value. No rare or elite tag. Nothing. Spent almost 6 hours in every setting trying to turn it back on like in the standard UI. Couldn't figure it out. Sorry guys but uninstalled.
By default the target Unitframe has the tag
/
[shortclassification]
Which shows R, + etc for the rates etc.

This can easily be changed to a dragon, or for the Unitframe to say Rare, Elite.

I’m not sure why you posted just to say that. That just took up extra time to create an account, write it up. There are always going to be things in addons that you can’t figure out.

Why wouldn’t, if after some time not figuring it out, ask on the forums or discord, then have it fixed. We have many channels to find easy support.

Hope you find a UI you like. All the best.
I always recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles/settings for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

CTMBNara wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:02 am
Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to color the target’s target name in the color of the target’s target class on nameplates.
For example, the NPC took player A (death knight) into target. The name A is red (class color) on my nameplates. TY for answer.
no there is currently no tag that does that