Forum Rules:
You may only create a new thread here if you have created a guide on how to do something with ElvUI. Do not create a thread here if you just want to ask how to do something.

[Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide

falconr wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am
Hi Guys.
I've been trying to fix this for a while now, but it seems like I'm not able to display text on my powerbar as fury warrior?
Do you know what I can do? http://prntscr.com/s64se5
Thanks alot!
You need to update ElvUI. It is so far out of date. ElvUI as of this post is 11.372.

Please update and upload another screenshot.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Is it possible to condition custom words into the tags showing? For example, the [guild] name tag only appears if the unit has a guild. However, if I type in

[guild:rank] of [guild]

Works wonderfully if the unit has a guild. If they don't, it only shows the word "of", which is sort of odd. Is there any way to "insert" the custom word "of" inside the tag. I tried both [of guild] and [guild:rank of], but no luck.

auranim wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:02 am
Is it possible to condition custom words into the tags showing? For example, the [guild] name tag only appears if the unit has a guild. However, if I type in

Works wonderfully if the unit has a guild. If they don't, it only shows the word "of", which is sort of odd. Is there any way to "insert" the custom word "of" inside the tag. I tried both [of guild] and [guild:rank of], but no luck.
[guild:rank] [of >guild]

this should work

kringel wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:02 am
auranim wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:02 am

[guild:rank] [of >guild]

this should work
It does indeed work :) However, if I need to split them up into two custom texts (one on top of the other),

[guild:rank< of]
[guild]

that won't work. The single "of" will remain. Any fix? If not, that's ok, just a very very minor flavour thing for my UI, but it'd be cool to see it working.

SteveXlock wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm
Hello, it seems that for my understanding the way these work has changed so im trying to create a unit frame to show my lvl for classic but i dont get how.
It hasn’t changed, they are in a different set out.

You still need to go to the frame ie player Unitframe - custom texts
And add it there.

There isn’t an ilvl tag though.
I recommend backing up your WTF folder - where your profiles for all addons, including ElvUI are stored.

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

Botanica wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:58 pm
SteveXlock wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm
Hello, it seems that for my understanding the way these work has changed so im trying to create a unit frame to show my lvl for classic but i dont get how.
It hasn’t changed, they are in a different set out.

You still need to go to the frame ie player Unitframe - custom texts
And add it there.

There isn’t an ilvl tag though.
Thank you i found it i cant seem to find how to show the percentage when im on full health per say to display 100%