Forum Rules:
Before creating a thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

Issue with UnitFrame font size

update: it does appear to be a scaling issue like you mentioned. my recommended scale is 0.53 but i play on 0.64, the size "13" for font on 0.53 scale is the size that i'm getting on login with .64 scale, it will update with /reload or me manually entering font size 13 again

kylezo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am
update: it does appear to be a scaling issue like you mentioned. my recommended scale is 0.53 but i play on 0.64, the size "13" for font on 0.53 scale is the size that i'm getting on login with .64 scale, it will update with /reload or me manually entering font size 13 again
Interesting find, thank you. I wonder if it is the uiScale CVar that is affecting it. Please test something for me.

-Run this command ingame: /dump GetCVar("uiScale")
- If it does not match the UI Scale you have set in ElvUI, then run this command to set it to the same value: /run SetCVar("uiScale", InsertValueHere)

Does the above fix it?
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

I have exact same problem, and what I found is, my unitframe font size on first login(before /reload) appears to be exact size that set under General->media->font size. So if I set general media font size to something like 32 or 4, my unitframe font size on first login will be super big(with 32) or super small(with 4). And as soon as I try to change font size under General->media, unitframe font size jumps to what it should be.
General->media all fonts are "PT Sans Narrow", UnitFrames->General font also "PT Sans Narrow". If I change General->media->default font to "Arial Narrow" problem does not occur and unitframe font size is correct on first login.
Hope this helps