Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

No combat log in Chat frame - how do I activate it?

Follow the troubleshooting guide above and provide the requested information and screenshots in your reply
Back up your ElvUI profile/s - ElvUI menu - Profiles - Export and save it regularly

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

No combat log in Chat frame - how do I activate it?  [Accepted Answer]

Yes, I understand that you don't have the combat log. That isn't difficult to understand.

It should be there. It is provided by blizzard.

This is why you need to do the troubleshooting if you would like us to help you with the issue you are having.
Back up your ElvUI profile/s - ElvUI menu - Profiles - Export and save it regularly

My replies might be short due to time constraints. Nothing personal. (Thanks Blaze)

No combat log in Chat frame - how do I activate it?

I am sorry - I misunderstood you there.

I have found out what caused the problem meanwhile. It was not ElvUI. It was another Addon -> Leatrix Plus which has a feature to turn off combat log... for whatever reason - and it was flagged true. So everything is fine now - thank you for you help!