Forum Rules:
Before creating a support thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread asking for support then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

[ElvUI] Unitframe Custom Tags

Unitframe Custom Tags
Update June 2019: I no longer have the time to maintain this project, and as such I am no longer accepting or working on feature requests. Sorry.

Table of Contents
  1. Information
  2. How to request a custom tag
  3. How to download and use a custom tag
  4. List of custom tags currently included with addon
  5. Changelog

Information (back to top)
This thread is dedicated to custom unitframe tags for ElvUI. Feel free to share any custom tags you have created for yourself as well.
If you don't know what a unitframe tag is, then check out [Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide.

How do I request a custom tag? (back to top)
All requests need to be submitted in a ticket on the ticket tracker. Requests in post will be ignored. Please keep in mind that I currently don't have the time needed to work on new tags, but submit your request anyway so that I can go through them when time allows.

How do I use custom tags posted in this thread? (back to top)
I have created a small addon which can be used for these custom tags. I will try to keep the addon updated with any custom tags posted in this thread.

How to use a custom tag:
Download and install the addon. If the custom tag is already included, then you don't need to do anything else.
If the tag is not included, then you need to add it yourself:
  1. Open the following file in a text editor: World of Warcraft / Interface / AddOns / ElvUI_CustomTags / core.lua
  2. Paste the code of the custom tag you wish to add at the bottom of the file, then save the file.
  3. The custom tag is now ready to be used.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.

List of currently included custom tags (back to top)

• [num:targeting] - Shows how many people in your group (including yourself) is targeting the unit.
  • [health:percent:hidefull] - Health percent with no decimals below 1M and hides at full health.
  • [health:current:hidefull] - Current health, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides at full health.
  • [health:current-percent:hidefull] - Current and percent health, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides at full health.
  • [health:percent:hidedead] - Health percent with no decimals below 1M and hides when dead.
  • [health:current:hidedead] - Current health, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides when dead.
  • [health:current-percent:hidedead] - Current and percent health, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides when dead.
  • [health:percent:hidefull:hidedead] - Health percent with no decimals below 1M, hides when dead or full health.
  • [health:current:hidefull:hidedead] - Current health, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M, hides when dead or full health.
  • [health:current-percent:hidefull:hidedead] - Current and percent health, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides when dead or full health.
  • [power:percent:hidefull] - Power percent with no decimals below 1M and hides at full power.
  • [power:current:hidefull] - Current power, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides at full power.
  • [power:current-percent:hidefull] - Current and percent power, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides at full power.
  • [power:percent:hidezero] - Power percent with no decimals below 1M and hides at 0 power.
  • [power:current:hidezero] - Current power, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides at 0 power.
  • [power:current-percent:hidezero] - Current and percent power, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides at 0 power.
  • [power:percent:hidefull:hidezero] - Power percent with no decimals below 1M and hides at full or 0 power.
  • [power:current:hidefull:hidezero] - Current power, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides at full or power.
  • [power:current-percent:hidefull:hidezero] - Current and percent power, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides at full or 0 power.
  • [power:percent:hidedead] - Power percent with no decimals below 1M and hides when dead.
  • [power:current:hidedead] - Current power, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides when dead.
  • [power:current-percent:hidedead] - Current and percent power, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides when dead.
  • [power:percent:hidefull:hidedead] - Power percent with no decimals below 1M and hides at full power or when dead.
  • [power:current:hidefull:hidedead] - Current power, abbreviate above 1k, no decimals below 1M and hides at full power or when dead.
  • [power:current-percent:hidefull:hidedead] - Current and percent power, abbreviated, no decimals below 1M, hides at full power or when dead.
  • [deficit:name:colors] - Displays missing health with healthcolor and name at full health with namecolor.
  • [name:caps] - Displays the name of the unit in ALL CAPS.
  • [name:abbreviate] - Abbreviates the name (Raid Target Dummy = R. T. Dummy).
  • [name:veryshort:abbreviate] - Abbreviates the name if it is longer than 5 characters.
  • [name:short:abbreviate] - Abbreviates the name if it is longer than 10 characters.
  • [name:medium:abbreviate] - Abbreviates the name if it is longer than 15 characters.
  • [name:long:abbreviate] - Abbreviates the name if it is longer than 20 characters.
  • [faction:icon] - Displays a Horde or Alliance icon based on the units faction.
  • [classcolor:player] - Colors the next tags with class color of the player.
  • [classcolor:< class >] - Colors the next tags with class color of the supplied class. Example: [classcolor:warlock].

Changelog (back to top)

October 20th 2017
  • Added 6 new tags to the collection:
    • [name:abbreviate]
    • [name:veryshort:abbreviate]
    • [name:short:abbreviate]
    • [name:medium:abbreviate]
    • [name:long:abbreviate]
    • [faction:icon]

August 13th 2017
  • Added 1 new tag to the collection:
    • [name:caps]

August 17th 2016
    • [power:percent:hidezero]
    • [power:current:hidezero]
    • [power:current-percent:hidezero]
    • [power:percent:hidefull:hidezero]
    • [power:current:hidefull:hidezero]
    • [power:current-percent:hidefull:hidezero]

August 16th 2016
  • Fixed issue which caused tags to show decimals when they should not.

June 29th 2016
  • Added 3 new tags to the collection:
    • [health:percent:hidefull:hidedead]
    • [health:current:hidefull:hidedead]
    • [health:current-percent:hidefull:hidedead]
  • Added 9 new tags to the collection:
    • health:percent:hidedead
    • health:current:hidedead
    • health:current-percent:hidedead
    • power:percent:hidedead
    • power:current:hidedead
    • power:current-percent:hidedead
    • power:percent:hidefull:hidedead
    • power:current:hidefull:hidedead
    • power:current-percent:hidefull:hidedead

May 4th 2016
  • Added 12 new tags to the collection:
    • [classcolor:player]
    • [classcolor:hunter]
    • [classcolor:warrior]
    • [classcolor:paladin]
    • [classcolor:mage]
    • [classcolor:priest]
    • [classcolor:warlock]
    • [classcolor:shaman]
    • [classcolor:deathknight]
    • [classcolor:druid]
    • [classcolor:monk]
    • [classcolor:rogue]

April 17th 2016
  • Added 1 new tags to the collection:
    • [deficit:name:colors]

April 15th 2016
    • [health:percent:hidefull]
    • [health:current:hidefull]
    • [health:current-percent:hidefull]
    • [power:percent:hidefull]
    • [power:current:hidefull]
    • [power:current-percent:hidefull]

March 31st 2016
  • Fixed logic error in the "num:targeting" tag. Code and addon updated.

March 30th 2016
  • Initial upload of empty framework.
  • Added first tag "num:targeting" to collection.

health:current:hidedead
health:percent:hidedead

These two do not seem to be working. Which is a shame because I've been looking for this for quite some time. Got excited when I saw this post then frowned once in game. ;)

Just figured I'd share the update.
Help fight leukemia! If you're so inclined, please donate to LLS.

Yo Blaze!

You spoke about adding this to the list og custom tags.

Code: Select all

ElvUF.Tags.Events['name:caps'] = 'UNIT_NAME_UPDATE'
ElvUF.Tags.Methods['name:caps'] = function(unit)
    local name = UnitName(unit)
    return name ~= nil and name:upper() or ''
end
Any chance that you'll be doing just that? ... that way i don't have to manually add everytime you update the addon :lol:

Kazie wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Yo Blaze!

end
Any chance that you'll be doing just that? ... that way i don't have to manually add everytime you update the addon :lol:
Blazeflack wrote:Sure, I can add it later today.
I have not forgotten, just didn't have time to do it yet :p

Blazeflack wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:52 pm
Kazie wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Yo Blaze!

end
Blazeflack wrote:Sure, I can add it later today.
I have not forgotten, just didn't have time to do it yet :p
Haha fair enough mate ! .. is there any chance that you can make a tag for [name:caps] with short, medium and long tags also? .. i'd very much like to make a [name:caps:medium] xD