Forum Rules:
You may only create a new thread here if you have created a guide on how to do something with ElvUI. Do not create a thread here if you just want to ask how to do something.

Unit Attributes

Unit Attributes (back to start)

Information about a character's role-playing attributes.

Options:

Code: Select all

Playing Unit Attributes
dead                  ## Shows 'Dead' when the unit is dead
difficultycolor       ## Colors the difficulty, red for impossible, orange for hard,
                         green for easy, etc.
faction               ## Shows 'Aliance' or 'Horde'
group                 ## Shows the group number the unit is in ('1' - '8')
leader                ## Shows 'L' if the unit is the group leader
leaderlong            ## Shows 'Leader' if the unit is the group leader
level                 ## Shows the unit's level
pvptimer              ## Shows PVP until unit is leaving PVP, then it shows the
                         timer until the player safe
smartlevel            ## Only shows the unit's level if it is not the same as yours
class                     ## Shows the class of the unit, if that unit is a player
smartclass            ## Shows the class of a unit, if that unit is a player, or will show
                         what type of creature, if the unit is a NPC

Non-Player Unit Attributes
rare                  ## Shows 'Rare' when the unit is a rare or rare elite
classification        ## Shows 'Rare', 'Rare Elite', 'Elite', 'Boss'
classification:icon   ## Shows a dragon overlay icon, same as on NamePlate
shortclassification   ## Shows 'R', 'R+', '+', 'B'

Examples:

[pvptimer]
While player is actively participating in Player vs. Player activities.

[pvptimer]
When player is leaving PvP, during the 5-min cooldown.

[dead]
He's dead Jim.

[faction]

[difficultycolor][level]

[difficultycolor][rare]

[difficultycolor][classification]

[difficultycolor][shortclassification]
Last edited by Merathilis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unit Status

Unit Status (back to start)

Options:

afk
resting
status
statustimer     ## Shows a timer for how long a unit has had that status (e.g 'DEAD - 0:34')

absorbs
incomingheals
incomingheals:personal
incomingheals:others

nearbyplayers:8
nearbyplayers:10
nearbyplayers:30
distance

Examples:
*** Updating Soon ***

oUF Default Tags

oUF Default Tags (back to start)

Options:

creature             ## shows the units family or creature type
dead                 ## displays "Dead" if the unit is dead, and "Ghost" if the unit has released.
difficulty           ## changes color of the next tag based on how difficult the unit is compared to the players level
leader               ## displays the character "L" if the unit is group leader
leaderlong           ## displays "Leader" if the unit is group leader
level                ## shows the level of the unit or battle pet. Will display "??" if unit is boss or 10 levels above player
missinghp            ## shows the missing health of the unit in whole numbers when not at full health
missingpp            ## shows the missing power of the unit in whole numbers when not at full power
name                 ## shows the name of the unit
offline              ## displays "Offline" if the unit is disconnected
perhp                ## displays the current health of the unit in percent with no decimals
perpp                ## displays the current power of the unit in percent with no decimals
plus                 ## displays the character "+" if the unit is an elite or rare-elite
pvp                  ## displays "PvP" if the unit is flagged for PvP
raidcolor            ## changes color of the next tag to match the class color of the unit
rare                 ## displays "Rare" if the unit is a rare or rare-elite
resting              ## displays "zzz" if currently resting (only works on the player)
sex                  ## shows "Male" or "Female" to indicate the gender of the unit
smartclass           ## displays either the class or the family/creature type of the unit
status               ## displays either "Dead", "Ghost", "Offline" or "zzz" depending on the status of the unit
threat               ## displays "++", "--" or "Aggro", showing if unit is gaining or losing threat or has aggro
threatcolor          ## changes color of the next tag based on the threat situation of the unit
cpoints              ## displays amount of combo points the player has (only for player, shows nothing on 0)
smartlevel           ## displays "Boss" if unit is world boss or level. Shows "+" in addition to level if rare or rare-elite
classification       ## displays "Rare", "Rare Elite", "Elite" or "Boss" based on the classification of the unit
shortclassification  ## displays "R", "R+", "+" or "B" based on the classification of the unit
group                ## displays the raid group number of the unit when in a raid
deficit:name         ## displays the missing health with a "-" in front or the name of the unit when at full health
pereclipse           ## displays the players eclipse power in percent (only for player, nothing at 0)
curmana              ## displays the current amount of mana the unit has
maxmana              ## displays the max amount of mana the unit can have
soulshards           ## displays the players amount of soul shards (only for player, nothing at 0)
holypower            ## displays the players amount of holy power (only for player, nothing at 0)
curhp                ## displays the current health of the unit in whole numbers with no decimals
curpp                ## displays the current power of the unit in whole numbers with no decimals
maxhp                ## displays the max amount of health of the unit in whole numbers with no decimals
maxpp                ## displays the max amount ofpower of the unit in whole numbers with no decimals
class                ## displays the localized class of the unit
faction              ## displays the non-localized (English) faction of the unit
race                 ## displays the localized race of the unit

Examples:
*** Updating Soon ***

Thanks Blazeflack!

Advanced Unit Tags

Merathilis wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am
Advanced Unit Tags (back to start)

Options:

mouseover                     ## Shows the tag following this one if the mouse is over the unit frame
|cffXXXXX [tags] or text |r   ## Allows you to color the text

Examples:

[mouseover][afk]
(Animated)
I dont understand how to change the color. what does |cffXXXXX mean? Searched for color HEX but could not find settings which fitted ElvUI. Please help :)

[Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide

Greetings!
Is there any way to change the color of my unit frame to some grossly bright color (like an obnoxious non-DK-red) when a friendly target is MC'd/Charmed, or to apply a text that states "charmed" on my unit frames when those conditions are met? I'm moving over from Grid 2, and I love ElvUI's unit frames very much; however, I cannot seem to find/emulate this functionality. Grid 2 applied the text "Charmed" and changed the color of my frames for me, so perhaps that's why I'm spoiled! xD

Thank you for your time!

[Guide] ElvUI Custom Tag Guide

Luneli wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:07 am
Greetings!
Is there any way to change the color of my unit frame to some grossly bright color (like an obnoxious non-DK-red) when a friendly target is MC'd/Charmed, or to apply a text that states "charmed" on my unit frames when those conditions are met? I'm moving over from Grid 2, and I love ElvUI's unit frames very much; however, I cannot seem to find/emulate this functionality. Grid 2 applied the text "Charmed" and changed the color of my frames for me, so perhaps that's why I'm spoiled! xD

Thank you for your time!
I don't believe we have a custom text for "Charmed". You can request it in a ticket though. Link in my signature.
ElvUI: Request Feature | Report Bug

My replies might be short sometimes due to time constraints. Nothing personal.