Before creating a thread about any issues or errors here please read How to report S&L problems so you can provide the necessary info.

How to report S&L problems

Often when people post in the technical support forum the first 2-5 answers are from people requesting more info. Not only is it annyoing for the people trying to help, it also severely slows down the entire process of going from a problem to a solution. It is also entirely possible for your post to be not understood at all.

Post Template:
When you create a new thread you will have the option to select a post model. Select "S&L Tech Support" and press the "Insert" button.

Here is how to ask for support the right way:
  1. Search. Make sure your issue hasn't been covered already by doing a forum search.
  2. Check current tickets in the Ticket Tracker to make sure your issue is not a bug which has been reported already. Also it's a good idea to check the ones closed recently, you may not be the first one to report it.
  3. If you're 100% sure the issue is a bug in S&L then make a ticket in the Ticket Tracker instead of creating a post in the forum (Don't forget to choose a ticket templete).
  4. Use a title which describes your problem. "Something is wrong" is NOT a proper title. "Actionbars are not responding to key clicks" would be a proper title if you experience issues with clicking your actionbars.
  5. *Always* provide the version of your ElvUI and S&L installations (do not say 'latest version', we want the actual number).
  6. Did you disable all addons except the ElvUI, ElvUI OptionsUI and S&L? This is important in order to rule out that any of your other addons are causing the issue. If you manage to pinpoint a conflict between S&L and another addon, make sure you include that information.
  7. Did you disable all addons and try to reproduce the issue? This is important in order to rule out that the issue is with the WoW client and not with our stuff.
  8. Are lua errors set to show up when they happen? If you received any errors then make sure you post the *first* error you received (press the 'Prev' / 'Back' button until you see the very first error). Note that things like BugGrabber may just hide errors and even not telling you they were happening in the first place.
  9. Describe your issue with as much detail as possible. The more info you provide, the better and faster support you will receive. What were you doing when the problem occurred? Explain how people can reproduce the issue.
  10. A picture is worth a thousand words. If your issue is of a visual nature then please include screenshots.
    Please do not upload with Imageshack. Use a proper host such as Imgur, or any other host which gives access to direct links and doesn't force rescale of images by default.
Fan of maids and "sick freak"™

‹Elv›: I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
‹Darth Predator›: so don't even dare to think you are crazier than me

How to report S&L problems

The template for S&L bug reports.
Failing to follow one can result in unnesesary long fixing time or the report being ignored completely.
Version of ElvUI: [your answer here]

Version of S&L: [your answer here]

Were you able to reproduce the issue with only "ElvUI", "ElvUI_Config" and "Shadow & Light" being enabled?: [your answer here]

Did you disable all addons to make sure the issue comes from ElvUI or S&L?: [your answer here]

Did you check for lua errors?: [your answer here]

If you received an error then post it below (use the 'code' bbcode):
[your error here]

Please explain the issue you're having with as much detail as possible. If there is a way to reproduce the issue then mention that too in as much detail as possible.:
[your information here]

Do you have any other information which might help us track down the issue?:
[your text here]

If your issue is graphical then please take some screenshots to illustrate it. You can attach them to your post:
[your image(s) here]
Fan of maids and "sick freak"™

‹Elv›: I just utilized my degree in afro engineering and fixed it
‹Darth Predator›: so don't even dare to think you are crazier than me