Forum Rules:
Before creating a thread here then please read [Read Before Posting] Ask For Technical Support: The Right Way.

When you create a new thread then please make sure you use the "ElvUI Tech Support" post template. See the link above for more information.

ElvUI - MiniMap Tracking Fish?

I'm afraid in my case, the ElvUI minimap doesn't allow tracking fish on some characters. It seems to only allow tracking one profession for some reason, as one character with mining is only able to track mineral nodes, whereas one without gathering professions (enchanting and tailoring) is able to track fish. Only one of these tracking options appears on the right-click menu. Is there a way to influence the choice of tracking options displayed in the dropdown menu? I could not find one on my own.

ElvUI-version 10.85
/luaerror on didn't display anything
Disabling all other addOns didn't change anything either. (I'm using DBM, Details!, BeQuiet and Pawn, all updated to most recent versions)

Thanks in advance, I hope hijacking someone elses thread isn't deemed inappropriate.

fl1Xx0r wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:29 pm
I'm afraid in my case, the ElvUI minimap doesn't allow tracking fish on some characters. It seems to only allow tracking one profession for some reason, as one character with mining is only able to track mineral nodes, whereas one without gathering professions (enchanting and tailoring) is able to track fish. Only one of these tracking options appears on the right-click menu. Is there a way to influence the choice of tracking options displayed in the dropdown menu? I could not find one on my own.

ElvUI-version 10.85
/luaerror on didn't display anything
Disabling all other addOns didn't change anything either. (I'm using DBM, Details!, BeQuiet and Pawn, all updated to most recent versions)

Thanks in advance, I hope hijacking someone elses thread isn't deemed inappropriate.
You have to have the profession for it to be in the dropdown. We do not control that. Blizzard does.

Azilroka wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 pm
You have to have the profession for it to be in the dropdown. We do not control that. Blizzard does.
All characters I checked had learned fishing. Still the only one able to track fish was one without any other gathering professions. Shouldn't it be possible to track fish and nodes/herbs simultaneously?

Edit: you're right. Even without any addOns active whatsoever, I can't seem to find the option to track fish. Thanks for your time anyway!